Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Dust, Dust, Dust!

We are in the Rio Grande Valley working Hurricane Dolly losses. We don't full time, so not sure what the normal dust level is in a RV. I wipe everything down several times a week, and still see lots of dust everywhere in the rig.

Would love to hear back from those that are in the area, and those that live semi full time in there Monty's. It might be something that just goes with the territoryl I am just asking the people in the know.

Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Unfortunately Colleen dust is a part of the southwest territory!! Gets into EVERYTHING and will drive you nutty, until you accept it as part of southwest living! On the bright side at least it isn't SNOW!!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Agree with Vic, just part of living down there. I keep wiping and keep smiling, it ain't snow!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We have found with the 2nd a/c running in the bedroom that we have to dust the closet door mirrors almost daily. The fan blows it onto the mirrors. Where does it all come from? LOL just think what you are breathing!!
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I am wiping the vent a hood over the stove, mirrors, TV screen, just about everything.

What do you guys use to keep things clean? I wiped down everything when we were in Kansas with Murphy soap and water. I thought the dust was because we were on the road so much. I guess it is the wind down here, but not going to ask for it to stop with all the skitters out there.

I used the swifter dusting rag and that seemed to pickup alot, and didn't snag on the wood work.

What do you guys use to clean things?

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
I use those miracle cloths. They are a synthetic and the static in them picks up that dust like magic. They work great on the computer screen and TV. You can use them dry or damp. When you wash them, don't use fabric softener.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote