Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived - Forum Information and Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Problem with forum

I have noticed over the past 3 days trouble with the forum. Such as:
1. The forum will log me off at will.
2. I cannot open the forum and/or log on.
3. I respond to a post only for the post to never appear.
4. I try to open a thread and it will not open.

Anybody else having any problems? I'd appreciate some help! Thanks
Tammy

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
The forum gets testy that way here and there, best bet, in my opinion, after cleaning out temporary pages on IE, is to write a sweet PM to an admin or two. They may or may not be experiencing the same thing, but need to know if you are having trouble, so they can at least look at the situation.

Or, at least that is my experience when I have trouble, check my IE temp pages first, next, find a nice moderator to PM.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Thanks Carol! I'll check out my temp pages. See what's happening there. If no improvement, I'll contact an admin or moderator and let them know - sweetly!
Tammy
Old 04-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tammy-- Does your internet work OK other than being on the MOC site? If it does, it's the MOC site and drop some PMs to the admins! Be nice now!! Have you gone to Ray's yet? We also ate at a little cafe just off the docks. It was outstanding and really reasonable! It's where we met our Captain and First Mate when we went on our ocean journey to see the glaciers and all the sea life also!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Hey Rondo! It is only the MOC site. I'll get Bernie to check the temp folder. He likes to be the computer doctor, so I let him!

We went to Ray's on Sunday afternoon. Soooo good! They finally opened week before last! We have so many choices open now, I am getting overload! Ha Ha!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Tammy,
Since you have not had any problems since the "blockage," I think admin set it up that way just for you. Life is getting to easy for you with Television and all.

Every once in a while it will sit and wait for a long time before it switches to the thread. With all the people that are on here, I would expect it to slow down once in a while.

I'm still waiting for the day I can stop browsing and get to the end of the Internet.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Waynem, try this link
http://adlin.fotex-optika.hu/

Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Priceless!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The only problem I've had recently with the forum is sometimes it will slow to a crawl. Other times it is fine.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I have had all of Icehouse's problems with the MOC using Firefox. It started about the same time I upgraded to version 2.0.0,14 (late last week?). After clearing the cache and all temp files, the problem persisted. I even re-booted (which I rarely do) to see if that helped. It didn't. So I have shifted back to using I.E. (which I dislike) and it works fine.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:33 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Thanks Rogue for my morning giggle! I needed that!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:34 AM   #12
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Having spent many years in computer security for NASA as a Civil Servant, I picked up on the .hu which is Hungary. I hesitated and hesitated, then just could not resist clicking on the link.

Finally! I'm finished.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:03 AM   #13
Forumco Support
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1682
What plugins do you have enabled in Firefox? Are you using a firewall ?

There are some problems at the moment which can lead to slowdowns at particular times. I'm working on the problem and should have it fixed in about a week.
Forumco Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Forumco Support

What plugins do you have enabled in Firefox? Are you using a firewall ?

There are some problems at the moment which can lead to slowdowns at particular times. I'm working on the problem and should have it fixed in about a week.
I have the following plug-ins (actually not many):
  • Google Toolbar for Firefox 3.0.20070525W
  • IE View Lite 1.3.1
  • Talkback 2.0.0.11
As for a Firewall, I am using the free ZoneAlarm.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:07 AM   #15
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Carl and Forumco Support,

I have more than 20 gadgets loaded in Firefox and have no problems.

Firefox version 2.0.0.14.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Carl and Forumco Support,

I have more than 20 gadgets loaded in Firefox and have no problems.

Firefox version 2.0.0.14.
This doesn't seem to be a problem with a specific level of Firefox, but rather, the forum seems to have a general problem with Firefox. Unfortunately it is intermittent and hard to duplicate.

Tonight, I logged on with Firefox from my wife's machine (which rarely accesses the forum). After logging on, there was an indicator I had one new message. I clicked on the "Messages" link and got, after a noticeable delay, the response of "..no new messages..". I then logged off, switched over to I.E. and logged on again. Sure enough, I still had one new message and when I clicked on the link, I was presented with a display of all the messages in my Inbox including the new one.

Another periodic "feature" (read irritant) with Firefox is when you return to a previous screen (such as after viewing a thread, you go back to the previous screen with the list of threads) and you are positioned at the top of the screen (list of topics) rather than the place you were when you clicked on the just viewed topic. Some nights there are pages and pages of "Active Topics" and having to page down each time after being mis-positioned is frustrating.

Then there is the "..there was an error, you must be logged on to the conference to view this message.." when you select a topic from the current list. I was signed on when I clicked, but I get the message and the icon in the top right corner with your Sign-on Name and status show "Out". Sometimes clearing the cache and cookies will get things working again. Recently it hasn't. I pretty much use I.E. (which I dislike for many reasons) for the MOC forum as I can't depend on the forum software to work properly with Firefox.

Fortunately, I am going to have the opportunity to try using Firefox on a brand new Laptop using XP as my Dell is on life support until I can unload my my data and move it. It will be interesting to see if the problems continue to the new machine. There may be some other problem with the Dell system that is adversely affecting the interaction of Firefox and the forum. I don't know but there are a lot of you our there that seem to use Firefox to access the forum without problems. But since the problem I had tonight with a message I couldn't access, was on my wife's fairly new Vista system, I suspect the OS is not the only culprit.