Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 09:15 PM   #1
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
West Coast Club?

Anyone interested or maybe a NW Group and SW group??

2004 2955RL
1997 RAM 2500 Diesel, Auto, 2WD, LB Pac-brake and a few Mod's to Improve Dodge's mis-use of a GREAT Engine

Old 08-09-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Okay, I'll jump in here and make a suggestion as a possible location for a group campout. This park is located approximately midway between the Mexico and Canadian borders about 3 miles off Interstate 5 in Mt. Shasta CA. I'm famaliar with the area and there are a lot of recreational opportunities in the vicinity. I've spoken with the operators and they inform me that prior to Memorial Day & after Labor Day they offer a 10% discount to groups. Prices are expected to increase for the 2005 season.

Check out this link to the facility (http://www.lakesis.com/) and if we get enough interest I can investigate further.

I should mention that I'm thinking this would take place during 2005.

Regards,

Don
Old 08-09-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Searchers
Hi Don.... That is a beautiful area and it is sort of near the middle of the west coast area. I'd be interested in getting together in that area. Probably any time except the middle of the winter. Early October or late May might be good times to look at. We'll be in Goshen this September and won't be home until middle of October so if you have it this year we won't be able to make it. By May we'll be ready again.

Thanks for putting up the suggestion. I hope we get some input from all the western state folks.

HamRad
Old 08-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
We don't have our Monty yet, still a couple of months off, but if you wouldn't mind us joining in, we'd love to come and meet everyone.
Sharon
Old 08-09-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We are interested.
Can do 3 day weekends during the summer months.
Mid September thru June we can't really do anything but weekends due to our jobs.
We live about 2 hours from Mt. Shasta City down in the Sacramento Valley area.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:55 PM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We are less than 2 hours from the place you suggested in Mt. Shasta. Our kids just returned from Lake Siskiyou last weekend and were very disappointed. They said the "sand" of the beach is kitty litter and they did not particular care for it, but we are spoiled in this part of the country. We live on the OR/CA border and only get weekends off. We love the Oregon state parks, especially on the coast. We could meet for a weekend between here, Sacramento, or Portland. If someone else has been to Lake Siskiyou and liked it, I hope I am not being too negative and the kids were in tents. I do not know how the RV sites are. Looks like more of us in this area than we thought.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:25 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Firetruckerwife.... the more the merrier! I don't think anyone would have any objections to a future Montana owner attending.
Welcome aboard!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:49 PM   #8
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
FireTruckerWife,
Sharon it's like D and M on the road said....... the more the merrier! I believe our Mission Statement covers just about everyone. So if there is a get together before you actually are an official Montana owner...... you are still welcome to attend and participate.

RVWheels
Old 08-10-2004, 03:52 AM   #9
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7

Good Luck Guys sounds interesting. If we lived closer we would be interested in your group;

We have had a discussion or two about an informal periodic gathering or group expedition here in the center of the Continent but as I remember well time is short for a lot of folks. (Work the curse of the drinking class!)

But just for future possibilities let me reserve this name and see what the future holds. RESERVED! "High Plains Montanas".

Old 08-14-2004, 08:11 AM   #10
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I guess it is a matter of picking a spot and date and let everyone let you know if they can participate or not. Most of 2005 (weekends) is OK for us except for July 4th when we are supposed to have a family reunion in the Santa Cruz area. I am still working on that.

Since we have not personally been to Lake Siskiyou, if you know the area and it seems to be a good spot that is fine with us and it would be an easy drive for us, as well.

We note the fire in south Lake Shasta area and wonder if the Bear Mountain RV resort is OK. We were there once and enjoyed it.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:51 PM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Anybody like to gamble? How about the campground right next to the Hilton in Reno! Check out the website links:

Hilton Reno
KOA NV

It does resemble a cement parking lot but the sites are pull-thru, large and full hook-ups. Easily accomodates large rigs and they do group reservations.

They have great buffet dining, meeting rooms, shuttle buses to downtown Reno and....
g a m b l i n g !!

We could even see what shows would be playing at that time and reserve a block of tables for those who might want to see a show.

Okay, just a thought...
Old 08-18-2004, 12:44 PM   #12
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

Anybody like to gamble? How about the campground right next to the Hilton in Reno! Check out the website links:

Hilton Reno
KOA NV

It does resemble a cement parking lot but the sites are pull-thru, large and full hook-ups. Easily accomodates large rigs and they do group reservations.

They have great buffet dining, meeting rooms, shuttle buses to downtown Reno and....
g a m b l i n g !!

We could even see what shows would be playing at that time and reserve a block of tables for those who might want to see a show.

Okay, just a thought...
Well, now, that's just in my own backyard. It would be fun and we will have our 3400RL by then, probably. We ordered it yesterday. Reno is always fun.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:34 AM   #13
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Did this thing die on the vine? treecounter
Old 08-25-2004, 10:02 AM   #14
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I just posted a note saying I don't like KOAs in general, but I believe you suggested Santa Cruz KOA and they advertise that they can take groups. I am checking it out for a small family reunion next year over July 4th. I have not seen it personally, however, so I cannot recommend it. It is located near Aptos between Santa Cruz and Monterey.

All the places mentioned are doable for us, as we live near the OR/CA border. We can only do a weekend at this point as there is no such thing as a vacation for 2 self-employed people. The most convenient for us would be Mt. Shasta or Redding area.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #15
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We stayed at the Santa Cruz KOA a few years back at Thanksgiving time and actually liked it. We are like you though in thought..... we don't generally like KOA campgrounds either. Only found about 3 that we would ever recommend.

We'll be interested in your research on the Santa Cruz KOA and what you think about it. Hopefully someone has stayed at it in the not-too-distant-past and can advise on it.

Good Luck in planning your family reunion.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:03 AM   #16
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Don't go there with the family reunion . I have to find everyone first! I am the oldest of 25 cousins and we have scattered since our young days in Massachusetts with several of us ending up on the west coast. Only some of us stay in touch, so it is a struggle.

As far as the KOA is concerned, they have a website with information and virtual tour but I have learned you cannot trust that in general. I hope someone else in MOC has stayed there and can advise us. Their rates are a bit high.

KOA
Old 08-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #17
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
OOOPS! Sorry about that link. I copied it correctly but I guess you cannot access it that way. You can find it by going through the KOA locations at the top of the page.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #18
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Treecounter

Did this thing die on the vine? treecounter
Treecounter, I see you're in the Bend area. Have you got any suggestions for possible sites in your area?

I've spoken with Margee (D and M On the Road) and Nancy (Toolmanroy) briefly about possible sites, but would like more input. Perhaps we need to come up with a survey to post. If all of you would think about questions we should ask please share them with me. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #19
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
We would be interested in a get together also. We are also from Oregon, just south of Bend (La Pine). There are two other Montana owners right here in La Pine besides us. Haven't met them yet though. If anyone is up this way cruising around stop in and say hi. I work at the Fire Department in La Pine.

Scott & Sue
Old 10-19-2004, 05:07 PM   #20
nutts
Established Member

M.O.C. #2189
sounds good, tina nad i live in union washington. let us know if more plans are made.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dersequim

Anyone interested or maybe a NW Group and SW group??

2004 2955RL
1997 RAM 2500 Diesel, Auto, 2WD, LB Pac-brake and a few Mod's to Improve Dodge's mis-use of a GREAT Engine
Closed Thread