Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Niagara Lazy Lake Camping Resort

Has anyone out there camped at this place? Does anyone have any information about them? We had a soliciting phone call (supposedly generated by a sign up at last year's RV show--something we never do). They are not listed in any of our directories and do not have a website though they are listed in a Buffalo area online camping info page. Are they a part of a camping resort membership scheme? Would appreciate any input. Many thanks.

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Bowie, we live within an hours drive of Niagara and have not heard of this park. Do you know if it's on the Canadian or American side of the border? Let me know and I'll try to find out more.

Are you planning a trip to the Canadian Niagara region? We keep our Monty at a conservation area near Grimsby Ont and will have it there around May 1st. From there you can hit the Niagara region within 15-20 mins depending on where you want to go. If interested let me know and I can give your more info on the Park. I think you'd like it.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
The campground is on the American side. We have not been able to find anything about it--though they would like us to come up for a presentation we are more than a little reluctant as real life info doesn't seem to exist. We would be grateful for info on your park--a conservation area sounds like something we would enjoy. And since you have the dogs we know that we could safely bring our pup as well--which assumes that we can bring him into Canada. So will post a thread about that. Many thanks!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:41 AM   #4
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
I tried sending info on our campground to your email. Let me know if you got it as I'm not sure you did. If not I'll resend the info on our park.

I have included a picture in our profile of our old Monty on our site at our park. This will give you an idea of what the sites look like.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks! Have sent you an email as well.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
You guys give up too easy.

Niagara Lazy Lake Camping Resort
And Here

And YES it is a member of..
Resort Parks International (RPI)
AOR Resorts
as well as a few others.

Here's a result of a GOOGLE search of Niagara's Lazy Lake Camping
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:49 PM   #7
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Bowie just our two cents worth. The Canadian side of the falls is much nicer and has a lot more attractions. The only thing if you take you dog across the border be sure and have proof of all shots especially the rabies. If you don't have proof you will have to wait at the border while a vet comes and gives your dog another shot. Of course this cost lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

BTW you will need two pieces of identification for yourself and any passengers. They prefer a original birth certificate not a copy. This is because of 9/11. No fire arms or radar detectors either.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:50 AM   #8
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Glenn--thanks for the site! When we did the Google search nothing came up--three days in a row! So maybe they are finally getting serious about their marketing strategies. However, we are still sceptical and are waiting to decide about whether we go up fo a look-see. Still doing our research on their affiliations. Any input there is appreciated. Remain curious as to how they got our names. TIA!

tbhd--thanks to you and Bill and Ann we will be well prepared with our dog's papers. Having paid for one set of shots we sure don't want to pay for another! As to ID, since we lived overseas for a number of years we have gotten into the habit of always having our passports and American and UK driver's licenses with us whenever we leave the country. Then we use whatever is the most desireable form of ID at whatever border. We want to be able to come home with no hassles! Have done the Falls numerous times on our own and with overseas visitors. Agree 100% with your assessment of the two sides!!! Give us the Canadian side any time.