Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > What's cooking?
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Exnavydiver's Rally Fudge Recipe

OK, This is best done with a GOOD candy thermometer. In a heavy sauce pan pour in one pint of heavy cream, I use whipping cream. Add 2 cups of sugar and a pinch of salt. Next grate or slice two squares of unsweetened bakers chocolate. Slowly bring to a boil stirring slowly. After it starts boiling stop stirring for now. While the mix is boiling put about one inch of cold water in the sink. Turn heat to medium and boil till the mixture reaches 238 degrees, as it hits 238 take pan and wooden spoon and place pan in the cold water to cool, start stirring as soon as the pan hits the water. Continue stirring as it cools and concentrate on the bottom and the sides to keep it from sticking. The mix will be shiny. Once the mix starts to thicken a bit add 1/2 stick of butter, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Continue stirring till the fudge starts to lose the shine and goes a bit dull. As it dulls it will start to thicken more. At this time pour and scrape into a buttered glass pie plate or 8x8 or 9x9 Pyrex square dish. Let cool, usually this takes about an hour but speed this up by putting in the fridge. Cut with a buttered knife. Enjoy... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
WoW! That was really great fudge, at the rally! I felt my arteries clogging as I savored the great flavor and texture. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
How on earth did I miss out on Dave's excellent fudge???
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Dave, could you send a fresh sample before I start using the receipe? Just wanna make sure it's really worth the effort. I'll send you our mailing address to FedEx some samples?? tks.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dennis-- What do you mean FedEx??!!??
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Ron, Dave is a Navy Diver. They don't have USPS down there!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dennis--We deliver anywhere FROM anywhere! At least I did when I was in the Service!

Dave-- Where were we when this fudge came out of storage or off the range?? I think the Osage Oranges or Hedge Apples are worth at least a sample!!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
OK, I have this all figured out. Let's all get in line for the fudge. Since I was first to ask, Dave, send the whole batch to me. When I'm done, I'll send whatever is left over to the next in line. I believe that's Dennis. He'll pass the remainder to Ron. And so on. Snowhawk posted first but she just commented on how good it is and her comment about her arteries now being clogged make it very clear she's not first in line for more. . So, Dave, I'm first. []
Old 10-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Well I guess I'll be lucky to even get a crumb of the fudge since Steve gets it first, then forwards it to Dennis. Sigh-- guess I'll havae to make my own!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, long lost twin brother, for you I'll save some back and ship direct. We'll just bypass ol' Dennis. Just don't tell him, though.

After all, didn't Rick Lang say Dennis' rig is so heavy he's a menace to society? (Sorry, inside joke. You had to be there at the rally.)
Old 10-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
It was all that fudge in the basement Steve...and you promised not to reveal that!!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Thanks Steve, I'll hold you to that! LOL If Judy would just let Dennis eat some of that fudge in the basement he stashed there from Mackinac Island all would be well and the weight problem would be solved (at least on the weight of the Monte anyway!)
Old 10-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Fudge? Fudge? What Fudge? I don't see no fudge! Thank you Helen. Dennis I have it on good authority that you have a weight problem with your rig, ie. Basement fudgeitis. Until it is remedied there will be no Fedex shipments to your present location. As far as Rondo and Steve are concerned I think they can read better than an "overweight" retired mail carrier. Candy thermometers are not that expensive. It may take a batch or two but they can (or should be able to) make their own batches of fudge. If Rondo will wait for our next contact I will gladly make one for him. The Oranges are working I think although I doubt bugs are surviving the cold up here in NY. I will have to find a good candy thermometer before I make another batch of my own... Dave
Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, the osage oranges do work. We had some osage trees in our yard and would pick up the oranges/hedge apples and put in our basement and garage. End of crickets and many other crawly creatures.

I'm still on a diet, guys. Don't need no rotten fudge! Sure sounds good, though.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #15
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Cut with a buttered knife? That's no fun. How about NOT buttering the knife, and after each cut, LICK the knife clean for the next cut. I like that idea, but it probably means I won't be able to share. Oh bummer.

If someone Fedex's me some fudge, is that called Fudgex? Maybe Fudgeups is cheaper?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #16
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
I used to use that method of cutting the fudge until my mother caught me, did you even notice the wooden spoon shaped dent on the back of my head??....