Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Charles Wade presentation

I was very impressed with the quality and knowledge of the Charles Wade' presentation and walk through of the Montana. He is a credit to the Keystone Company, I feel much more comfortable in my (third) choice of fifth wheels and looking forward to my next purchase of a Montana.

Bill DeMeulle

Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
It is great that you have posted your review. Hopefully Montana knows what a great employee that they have working for them, if not they should by your post. A good employee is hard to come by, so it is always good to give the kudos when they earn it.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill,

I have to agree. Charles knows his stuff. We were lucky to have him attend our Rally.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
We must agree with Bill DeMeulle's comments about Charles Wade. He is very knowledgeable and was able to explain concerns we had about the rv. He was very nice and made the rounds of everyone that wanted to see him and show him problems with their units. He took time to come see us even though it was 5:30 in the evening and he had gotten there early in the morning. He actually said he gets most of his ideas for changes to the rvs by seeing them. We asked him about the drawer under the sofa opening as we travel. He said it was the first time he had heard about it. He said that is an easy fix.......I'll just tell Flair to add a hook at no additional cost to us. He was able to address all of our concerns including how to handle a current dealer if they do not meet our needs. Karen and John
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:52 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I'm glad you guys had a good visit with this guy. Personally I waited ALL day for him to come see us and he never showed up. I was one of the first to give him my address card in the Catalina Room and waited patiently for him. He may know his business but he is very short on customer relations. This is just my opinion and mine alone.....Very disappointed with him and will let Keystone know......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Phil,

We know that Charles was visiting someone as late as 6:30pm. It's not as if he wasn't out doing his job! Have no idea why he didn't make it to your place. But since he was literally all around you I'm surprised you didn't see him. And unless you were literally in your rig the entire time it is possible that you missed him.

Any way you look at it he was out doing his job and the fact that we had a lot of rigs in attendance simply complicates the situation. I don't see how he visited as many folks as he did.

We're sorry he did not make it to your rig for a visit. I doubt that giving him your card "first" would make much of a difference. By the way I have no idea how he made a choice as to who to visit and in what order. I would guess that he just got started and simply worked his way "around" the area.

I think he did a fantastic job and intend to let Keystone know!

Please remember that the vendors and Charles Wade did NOT have to come to our little get together at all. They do so as a service to us. Granted they get something out of it but they still have absolutely no obligation to us.

We owe them our gratitude and thanks for their attendance!

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Phil,I didn't give him a card but I did stop him when he came out of the trailer next to us.
I wanted to talk to him about a problem with our table,he took my name and e-mail down and said he'd get back to me.We'll see!
I am surprised you missed him,your trailer was two doors down from ours.
By the way,how are you liking that new Dually?
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Love the truck Jack. Dennis, Maybe I should have stood outside and grabbed him as he went by, but in the Catalina room he asked us to write our name and site number down and he would visit. I took him at his word, but I guess that was my mistake. Maybe next time......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Of course I wasn't at the rally but I did meet Charlie last July at the Good Sam rally in Oregon at the Montana display.
Just prior to meeting Charlie I over heard a prospective buyer say the the 2955RL was 29 feet long and that the 3400RL was 34 feet long. I knew immediately that the was taking the first 2 numbers as the overall length which we all know is totally wrong. I interrupted the fellow and explained that the model number has nothing to do with anything and that it is just a model NUMBER no more no less.
I than walked over and introduced myself the Charlie. We were having a conversation when this same prospective buyer and his wife interrupted and asked Charlie if Montana made any rigs under 30'. Charlie said they sure do. Charlie excused himself to me and lead the prospective buyer over to the 2980 and the 2955 and told them they were both under 30'. I couldn't believe he would tell them such a lie. I just threw my arms up and walked away.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Re model number vs actual length. A couple of years ago I had opportunity to ask a Montana exec why the model number doesn't seem to correspond to actual length. He said when they develop a new model they have to assign a model number before submitting the design for approval. Therefore they have to estimate the length and use that in assigning the model number.

I have no idea whether this is the way it actually works but it was the first explanation that made sense to me and it also came from what I consider an impeccable source. But, I don't know firsthand.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:12 AM   #11
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
We met Charles last year at an RV show in Santa Rosa, CA. He spent over and hour with us talking about the Montana, its design and construction. At the time, we owned SOB. Nearly a year later, we bought our 1st Montana. One of the benefits of ownership that Charles pointed out to us was this forum. Clearly, the good, bad and all in between is here for all to see.

This forum is a two way street that allows us to help one another and provide collective feed back to Keystone. Charles was right about this being a very valuable tool in the ownership of this rig. We appreciated the time and care that he spend with us and the fact that he steered us to this site.
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Our experience with Charles Wade was less than expected. He did not follow through with something he stated at the Buelleton rally last year. When I e-mailed him, I got no answer from that either. I called him and he assured me he would follow through, send me an e-mail, etc., etc., etc., and he never did. I'm glad other folks have had better luck with him, but our experience was more like Phil's.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:37 AM   #13
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Charles may know his business well but don't wait for him to return your telephone calls. When Keystone was getting ready to start selling the new Big Sky's I called him twice and both times he said I will have to call you right back as I am in the middle of...

I am still waiting for the calls and it's been over a year. That is not what I call "Customer Service". His lack of response cost me an extra month in getting my new rig.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote