Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Steamy Showers.. (not what you think, haha)

In our rig, we shower with all the vents open, the bathroom door open and the bathroom fan turned on, but it seems there should be more venting.

The shower stall itself steams up easily and when the shower door gets opened after taking a shower, you can see all that steam go into the bedroom suite.

Wondering if a vent over the shower instead of a skylight would be a practical thing to do? Would it rust out fairly fast?

Just a thought.....

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:56 AM   #2
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
Love the vent in my bathroom and my full vent fan,one year fulltime no signs of rust or any other problems.
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If you added a Fantastic Vent in the bathroom I would think that would take care of the problem. We have the 3485 with the fully enclosed bathroom and our bathroom Fantastic Vent does a fantastic job. I would think it would do nearly as well for you.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Can I beg?? Please don't take away my skylight. I waited 14 long miserable years to get one, and ya might have to break me in half to take it away. Previous unit had no window, no vent, no skylight, the shower was dark dark dark! GROAN.

In Tana we have fantastic fan right outside the shower door, it makes fast work of taking out moisture from the shower.

Those 14 long dark years sure made an impression, I want a skylight! It was a deal breaker for us, no sky light, no sale. Same as other items. Like the seperate trash can slider thingy. After spearing my tummy for 14 years every time I wanted to dump some trash, a seperate trash can thingy was another deal breaker for us. Steps with a rise of more than 7 (max) 8 inches is another deal breaker for us, as I have a LOT of trouble if the rise exceeds the 7 inches. My ole body, specifically hips and knees cannot take an 8 inch or more rise, it sure stinks getting old.

Ya know what they say - - each to his own.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We are with Carol on this. Want the skylight. We also have a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom, but we don't always use it. We don't seem to have the steamy problem that you descibe, but since you do, I would look into a Fantstic Fan for the bathroom. That used to be the standard location for them, but now they seem to put them in the living area, unless you request otherwise.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:07 AM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We have the bathroom that is part of the bedroom (2002 3295rk) and we have a fantastic fan just outside the shower operating when we are showering. To us, it just doesn't draw the steam out fast when the shower door is opened. We would like to see the option of having a vent/fantastic van in place of the skylight over the shower. This is OUR opinion and we're sticking to it......

We are extremely happy to see newer units with the totally enclosed bathroom like Glenn's and that is at the top of our "must" list for our next 5th wheel.

We have a "must have" list and a "never again" list that we made up and are constantly revising as we go along so when the time comes to search for a new 5ver, we'll be ready & hopefully extremely happy with our choice.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:45 PM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

If you added a Fantastic Vent in the bathroom I would think that would take care of the problem. We have the 3485 with the fully enclosed bathroom and our bathroom Fantastic Vent does a fantastic job. I would think it would do nearly as well for you.
After 6+ years of full timing, we just added our third Fantastic Fan, this one in the bathroom. When it is turned on there is no fogging of the mirror! Our other two Fantastics are: one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Were great additions to an already wonderful Montana.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:05 AM   #8
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
D M... Take a cold shower... kiddin
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

We are extremely happy to see newer units with the totally enclosed bathroom like Glenn's and that is at the top of our "must" list for our next 5th wheel.

We have a "must have" list and a "never again" list that we made up and are constantly revising as we go along so when the time comes to search for a new 5ver, we'll be ready & hopefully extremely happy with our choice.

To us it is an ABSOLUTELY WILL HAVE. ANY trailer we buy from now on WILL HAVE the fully enclosed bathroom or we walk away. I am an early riser and Lorraine is not. I'll get up between 4 & 5, she gets up between 7 & 8. I can get up and do the 3 - "S"'s (S*&%, Shave & Shower) and never disturb her. To us it is the only way to go.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Strange we do not have the "steamy shower problem. Perhaps it is just the way the 3400 is layed out. We do run the bathroom fan and the Fantastic fan is just at the bottom of the steps..that seems to do the job.. We to would prefer the enclosed Bathroom but never saw a all over floor plan that suited us, in any brand.The bedroom/ bathroom layout in the 3400, although not perfect, is satisfactory.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote