Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Family Member Lost

Today our beloved "Baby" a very affectionate lasahapso age 15 people years ( 105 dog years) passed away from apparent heart failure this afternoon. She had hearing and vision problems but other wise had checked ok at the vet with exception of a heart murmer. The vet expected it would be a heart problem that be her end.
She was on a walk with Nancy and just dropped. We had had her since she was 3 months old. We have many fond memories of her and her voracious eating habits. These had slowed down in her senior years. She was a true full timer. It was very tough for us to say good bye.
I don't know who will be the next " full timer" to saddle up with us. It is too soon think about that. She was a sweetheart.

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
WA4BMG, So sorry to hear about your loss. She had a lot of time to work her way into your hearts and minds, where she'll always reside. I hope I can go so quickly, quietly, and painlessly after a good life. Enjoy your memories and get ready to make some more.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
John and Nancy, You have our heart felt sympathy in the passing of a loved one. Having met the three of you on numerous occasions, I know just how close the two of you were to your "Baby". The three of you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
John and Nancy, we are truly sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. And what a shock that must have been to lose her so suddenly. It sounds like she lived a full life in a loving family. I think being a fulltimer dog is an animal's highest calling. Our Greta would rather be traveling than at home. Another faithful traveler will come along to ease your pain but never replace your baby.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sorry to hear of your loss of your Baby

Hope this helps:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #6
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
John & Nancy,
Sorry to hear the news. She'll always be with you in spirit. Glad she had a long and happy life. Hugs.
Lisa

Carol - That story always helps.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Always so sad to lose a loved one...pets are no different. I know you have so many wonderful memomries in those 15 years spent together. Our condolences to you both.
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
So sorry to hear of your loss. May you have happy memories and find a new "baby" soon.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Being a dog owner myself and having to put down a couple in my life time,I know just how you feel.Are furkids really do steal our hearts.So sorry for your lose.15 years is a pretty good run for a dog,but its never easy seeing them pass away.My heart goes out to you and your family.

John
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
John and Nancy,

My heart felt sympathy goes out to the both of you. As much as my corgi's drive me nuts I just can't imagine life without them. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
John and Nancy,
We are so sorry to hear of your loss. We recently lost our two dear little doxies. Both were with us for about 15 years so we know how much it hurts. Hopefully your hurt will fade quickly and perhaps you will even take in another wonderful "Baby".

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:14 AM   #12
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Thank you for for so many kind thoughts about our loss. It is a very hard thing to deal with after 15 years. It is also dealing with closing of a chapter of one's life. So there is a little selfishness here also. We also know that new chapters start so we will see comes next.
We really do appreciate the MOC support and condolences. We have had more responses from this group than from our own condo assoc. here at Salt Springs. this is truly a special group.
Thank you again
Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #13
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
John and Nancy ... I am so very sorry for your loss. We lost a dear four-legged family member several years ago so I know how devastating it is. As with our Harriet Phoebe, your Baby will always be in a special place in your heart.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So sorry to hear of your loss. You may never forget her but will think of her with fond memories.

We got a new puppy the week after we lost our Katie 4 years ago. Ended up with 2 puppies. It helped us a lot.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #15
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

So sorry to hear of your loss. You may never forget her but will think of her with fond memories.

We got a new puppy the week after we lost our Katie 4 years ago. Ended up with 2 puppies. It helped us a lot.
We agree with you and we have adopted a memory maker. She is 2 weeks old and will be with her mother until 7/31. She is a Maltese and her name will be Bindi. Today was the 1 week anniversary of " Baby's" passing. She was a Maltese/lasaapso mix. We are looking forward to Bindi helping to fill the void. Baby will never be forgotten and we will concentrate on the fond memories of her life with us. Thanks for encouragement and comments.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:40 AM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
John and Nancy, that's the best cure for your grief. In honor of your lost dog, buy a new puppy. That's what helped us when we lost one of our especially beloved Schnauzers. A puppy will really get your attention and give you lots of love. Enjoy!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #17
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
I had a Lhasa Apso for 10 years that had to put to sleep due to several health problems. She was the "kindest" dog I ever had. It is said that once you gaze into the deep brown eyes of a Lhasa you will never be the same! I'm sure yours appreciated your companionship as much as you did hers. Wishing you many years with the new pup! Marilyn
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #18
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Sorry to here of your loss. A person can sure become attached to them kind souls.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote