Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2022, 01:09 PM   #11
christm
Established Member

M.O.C. #18736
Send a message via AIM to christm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rharris View Post
Hello all,
We are new here and have a question for you experienced Montana owners.
We are in the process of purchasing a Montana 2022 3931FB. And now I am worried that we don't have enough truck to pull it. We have a 2021 F250 6.7 diesel truck. We don't go on long trips, not more than four hours and mostly on main interstates. But after reading lots of confusing information, and I am the worrier in the family, I am concerned. We are not new to towing. We have a 38' Keystone Outback now and the F250 pulls it like a dream. The 3931FB has a lower pin weight than some of the other models but are we asking for trouble here? Thanks for your advice.
You have easily add a set of leaf springs to the truck. The only difference between the 250 and the 350 are the number of leaf springs. When I had a 250, I added the extra springs and we pulled our camper fine. I spoke with the Ford garage and they said the trucks are basically the same other than the number of springs.
christm is offline   Reply With Quote