Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Moose River Campground, St. Johnsbury, VT

This is a small campground with free WiFi. They do have 50 amp sites service and cable TV for extra charges. The weekly rate for a 30 amp site was $166 plus cable. After I signed up and they gave me the 'rules sheet', I noticed that there was a rule against using the washer/dryer. They say the septic system is a 75 gallon tank at each site and they have to pump them out so they prohibit using the washer. Do you find this often? I guess if you don't have a washer/dryer, this is a pretty good campground. Close to the northern White Mountains and Mt Washington, a maple syrup factory and Cabot Cheese factory with great tours.

virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Virgil ... we have a washer/dryer and that is the first thing I look for in the rules. We've only encountered a "no-washer-rule" twice in 2-1/2 years ... one place had to truck in all their water so, understandably, they wanted to make a few bucks on the water used; the other place had the same septic problem as the one you described. So, if we're going to be in a park for a month, we ask if we can use our washer/dryer when making our reservation.

Can't help but think, though, that a 75-gallon septic tank at each site is somewhat small ... given that Montana's gray tanks alone total 76 gallons.

This campground sounds wonderful ... we'll have to remember it when we go to the Northeast next fall...although not for an extended stay. Thanks for the info!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote