Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > ANNUAL MOC RALLIES (Current or Up Coming) > 2024 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old Today, 06:00 AM   #41
EdH

M.O.C. #28962
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingKim View Post
This sounds like an AMAZING opportunity for us newcomers! Neither of us are retired yet and we are wondering if this is a suitable environment to be working during the day, or if we really need to plan to take vacation time. My guess is that most presentations take place during the day but I'm also certain that not every single presentation will appeal to me. I am also considering the option of taking several 1/2 days of vacation so I can do a little of this and a little of that.

We want to register and want to plan accordingly so any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff and Kim Raber
We attended our first rally last year and had a BLAST!
If you can, I recommend taking the week off to immerse yourself. If not, David and Jean Ann's suggestion will work as well. The main thing is to get registered and go. The things you will learn and the people you will meet will be amazing.

Ed and Beth

2018 Keystone Montana 3950BR
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:39 AM   #42
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Try to plan as much rally time as you can. All of the sessions are very informative. We’ve been attending the fall rallies since 2009. Vickie and I teach a couple of seminars and still attend some seminars and sessions where we are constantly learning. We hope to see you there.
Jim Fischer
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #43
Griller
Established Member

M.O.C. #29611
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingKim View Post
This sounds like an AMAZING opportunity for us newcomers! Neither of us are retired yet and we are wondering if this is a suitable environment to be working during the day, or if we really need to plan to take vacation time. My guess is that most presentations take place during the day but I'm also certain that not every single presentation will appeal to me. I am also considering the option of taking several 1/2 days of vacation so I can do a little of this and a little of that.

We want to register and want to plan accordingly so any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff and Kim Raber
I would suggest taking time off all the classes take place during the day I would especially suggest going to the Amish dinner it’s really good there all kinds of deals at the show
Griller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #44
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We attended our first rally in 2004. I was working full time back then. I concur with all that has been said. Steve gave you a link to last year’s schedule to give you an idea of what is available. Depending on how flexible your work schedule is, you may be able to work and play. As new campers, there is so much info. Lady’s tips/tricks, the roundtable for questions, solar seminars not to mention seminars for all of the major components from tires on up. Every year we get one or two people that say they didn’t get anything out of the rally. As with anything, you will get out of it what you put into it. You have a significant investment in your rig. Does it make sense to learn as much about it as you can? Only you can answer that question. We look forward to meeting with you at rally. Enjoy.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #45
cici
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #31797
Agreed agreed and ditto
cici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:18 AM   #46
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
I too work remotely and have found the time to work off and on during the days during the rally. I'm lucky that I don't need to be tied to my computer and let the office know I'll be off and on during that week. I due have my own internet so connectivity is not an issue for me.

Jeff
Jfryer is offline   Reply With Quote