Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
CoachNet Information

Time to decide if we will stay with GS or make the break to CoachNet. GS always stated that with a fifth wheeler, if the truck is disabled, they would tow both the truck and trailer to a safe location/dealer or campground. Does CoachNet offer the same service, that is towing both the disabled truck and trailer?

Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Bob - you may have read my post on this from a few months ago - but the coachnet website had no info so I called. They said contact a dealer and they told me who to call. I called and got passed around the dealership until I hit a voice message. I hung up in frustration and went with GS...not sure what I said or did wrong but I was unable to get any information on coachnet.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:49 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
We have Good Sam Platinum Complete. It has basic roadside assistance, tire and wheel road hazard, and Emergency Travel and Medical Assistance since I'm in heart failure and have numerous medical issues. They are running a promo right now for $129.95 https://www.goodsamroadside.com/find...umcomplete.cfm
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We've used Coach-Net for over 9 years now. Not only have they been great when we had an issue, they also got us next day service from a mobile repair place that told us at least a week when we called them ourselves.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:05 AM   #5
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Thanks for the response, but I cannot find out the specific question, if the truck is disabled, do they tow both the truck and 5th wheeler. Nothing on their website, this is a very important point. GS come straight out with a yes but CoachNet is NOT clear at all.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Coach-net web site used to clearly state they would tow both the tow vehicle and trailer of any kind. But those details are no longer spelled out. I have used them twice, once towing and one not. But the towing one was 10 years ago. On that one they sent a roll back to take the truck (and my wife and 2 granddaughters) to the Ford dealer and a pickup to tow the 5er to a KOA. Driver parked the trailer in my assigned site, waited while connected power and started A/C, and then took me to the Ford dealer.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I logged into my account and here is what it says.

“As a Coach-Net Premier Towable Member you have access to 24/7 unlimited roadside assistance for all your vehicles - anything you own, rent or borrow - plus RV Technical Assistance, nationwide tire delivery services, concierge services, and more. Your membership also includes coverage for trailers, tow dollies, boat trailers, and utility trailers, along with valuable peace-of-mind benefits such as Travel Assistance Services, Emergency Trip Interruption and RV Products & Accessories Discounts.”
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:43 PM   #8
snowmanfx4
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21279
Looking at getting Coach Net now. Had Good Sams and they never showed up. Went to AAA 5 years ago and have only used them twice. I just got a letter from them to tell me they will not renew my membership. And will not give me a reason.
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:26 AM   #9
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
I have had Coach Net for 4 years now.
3 times I had issues and called them for assistance and actually help.
All 3 times they came back after app 1 hour that they do not find anyone coming out for assistance.
2 x we had broken brakes, 1 x changing tire.

Actually I heard similar from Good Sam. I think longlonghoneymoon did make a video on that as well.

I am thinking of AAA and their AAA Plus RV or Premium RV program. https://member.acg.aaa.com/ga/member...remier-rv.html

Anyone had experience with AAA RV plans as well?

Thanks,
Mike

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:08 AM   #10
snowmanfx4
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21279
AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by suny07 View Post
I have had Coach Net for 4 years now.
3 times I had issues and called them for assistance and actually help.
All 3 times they came back after app 1 hour that they do not find anyone coming out for assistance.
2 x we had broken brakes, 1 x changing tire.

Actually I heard similar from Good Sam. I think longlonghoneymoon did make a video on that as well.

I am thinking of AAA and their AAA Plus RV or Premium RV program. https://member.acg.aaa.com/ga/member...remier-rv.html

Anyone had experience with AAA RV plans as well?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike. I just got dropped from AAA Premium Plu RV plain. 2 claims over 5 years and I got dropped. One flat tire and had to get my truck towed in. Had Good Sams and they suck.
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:11 AM   #11
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanfx4 View Post
Mike. I just got dropped from AAA Premium Plu RV plain. 2 claims over 5 years and I got dropped. One flat tire and had to get my truck towed in. Had Good Sams and they suck.
Thanks.

At least you've got helped by AAA

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #12
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
They all suck at times. When I first got my rig (2006) I had AAA, Good Sam, and State Farm plus Chevy service. Just 20 miles outside Rock Springs (?) Wy we were feeling a bounce bounce bounce. Determined it was a bad bulge on the truck tire. That was my first trip and I didn't know how to get the tire down from the hanger under the truck. Also raining off and on. Since I paid for service I thought they should come fix me up. It was Saturday afternoon (or Friday). One place looked around and couldn't find anyone. The other said they couldn't come. finally one found someone in town. They said they couldn't come because they closed at 5 pm and had a party to go to. Then someone said if they did come, they would have to tow me to town and the store didn't open until Monday so I would sit all weekend. I gave up and a nice guy at the exit helped me get the tire down and change it. (He had worked in his Dad's service station in AZ) So I just headed south (to AZ) with no spare and got to a rv park around 10 pm. Drove the rest of the way with no spare, but had no further problems - thank goodness.
Enough of my rant!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote