Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Any Gatherings?

Just wondering if anyone around the Green Bay, Wisconsin area or any where in Wisconsin that would like to get together for a short weekend campout somewhere?

We just picked up our new rig and want to break it in. There are several nice campgrounds around the Green Bay area. Traveling for us is no problem! Just looking for other MOC Members to share a campfire with.

Scott & Sue

PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Hey PackerFan, been thinkin'. Why don't you set something up for up north of you there........a place called Door County? Say July or August? Don't know if that would interfer with any other rallies, though.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
July sounds like a long time to wait for breaking in a new rig.

I understand PackerFan's sense of having these outings sooner than later and just for a few days out. When we first got our rig, we used it for frequent short-term trips to practice the set up and breakdown with little time to forget in between. We'd leave Friday night (after work), drive a few miles away to arrive early enough not to create a nuisance. This is how I learned to hate late arrivals. I had to stop too early and didn't always finish setting up and would complete it the next day. Then we'd enjoy our one day stay. We'd break down late the next day and head home. This allowed us to practice hooking up, towing, parking and/or backing the rig, setup, a little usage, then break down, head home and park the Monty at home.

Sorry I can't help, Packer Fan since I live a couple thousand miles away and I would suck at winter RVing. In your case, I'm sure it's more of a case of just using the new rig (how about a tailgater at a Packer game)! I hope you get out there soon. Good luck with the weather. I hear Wisconsin can get on the cool side during these next few months.

Congratulations on the new Monty!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Packerfan, since I do live in this area and would really like someone to set up a rally in say, Door County, why don't you step up and get one going in July/August?
We stayed at a nice cg near there two years ago when we left Macinac and traveled around the u.p..That was a MOC rally in Michigan and a few of us, 8, went on to Door County. Beautiful area and good food. Not cheap though!
As for interferring with other rallies, check the rally schedual and pick a date. Remember, you can't make everyone happy with a date, just set it and they will come!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I wanna be a Packer fan The Vikings are hard to watch.Went to door county last fall and loved it. Maybe next fall. Enjoy your new Monty!!
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hopefully Scott and Sue have broke that new unit in by now but the Door County deal sounds good to us! We were in the Mackinac bunch that headed out over the Bridge and around the UP and had a blast! We're holding our MOC Central Plains Regional Rally in July but heading for Wisconsin and Door County afterwards would be a cooling sensation! We'll keep an eye on the Regional Rally Club posting for your area and see if you set it up! Hope you do! As Steve said "Schedule it and they will come!" If you or anyone else would like to join us at the CPRR in July we'd be happy to have you too! This has been an uncensored plug for the CPRR!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:34 AM   #7
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Emmel, I remember that rally. Gail and I was all set to be there until I had to have knee surgery in late June and had to cancel because I was on crutches for 4 weeks. Her and I did go up then in August. Had a great time and would go back to that cg in Mackinaw City, again.

Hey, perhaps something can be set-up for Door County for 3 or 4 days then, we all go back around the UP to Mackinaw City for another 3 or 4 days?!?!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Don't want to go into it too deep right now, but I will never go back to Macinac Mill Creek cg again. Door County is ok, but some other cg in Macinac for me.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Steve
That was our first Rally and we really enjoyed it.
Everything in the park might not have been perfect, but our Wagon Masters made it a GREAT RALLY.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Steve, I hear ya'. There are several other campgrounds araound the Mackinaw City area. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion for a good one.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Hi All, Well we did break in the new rig by taking a trip to Sault St Marie, Mich. for a week. Beautiful place and GREAT campground there, right on the water and watched the ships passing through to the locks. We are diffinately going back there again. We also went to the Mackenaw City campground where the MOC Rally was held 2 years ago and we were not impressed either. Not going back there again either!

We just LOVE the new rig and can't wait for the snow to melt and summer to get here so we can go out again. Hopefully some of you all can join us this year. Always look forward to sharing a campfire and the first cool one is on me! We are thinking about taking a 2 week tour of the Michigan UP this summer or a trip to Arizona and parts West.

Take care and Be Safe!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #12
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Would love a get together in Door County this summer or early fall. Beautiful area!! We have some contacts with the Harbor Village CG north of Sturgeon Bay and could check on availability and prices. We'll wait for more feedback posting on here.
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
What about it, everybody? I think Dennis and Irene would make good Wagon Masters!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I say go for it, we loved Door County!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #15
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
We'd be happy to be wagon masters for a Door County gathering.(never did it before, but we're sure we can tackle this project!)
Old 01-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #16
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Dennis,

Wife and I have been talking about going to Door County for a couple years. But, work or something else has always interfered. This may be a great chance to do that. Especially, if she does retire this spring.

Like Emmel said, "go for it. Just set it and they will come".
Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #17
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
We would be very interested in attending also.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Anytime in Augest is good for us but we won't leave FL till the end of june and then going to Creekwook in Waynesville
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #19
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Looking at dates for Door County...the rates go down significantly after Labor Day and so does the traffic, but still a great time to visit Door County. Would the weekend after Labor Day, September 7-9, work for most of you? I haven't checked on availability yet, but I would anticipate they could get us in after their busy season. The Fall Rally isn't until later September, so these dates shouldn't interfere with that. Appreciate any feedback!!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #20
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Dennis and Irene,

Would they still have the fish boil going on? That is one of the things I've wanted to take in if Gail and I ever got up there. Also, would the weather still be on the warmer side at that time? The reason I ask is because, we recall that when we went to Mackinaw City in late August and the first few days of September of 2009, the last 2 days we were there, it rained and blew and was down right chilly!