Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Fresh water Pump

Hi All,

I have a some fresh water coming from my belly covering below my fresh water tank, This is a new leak as I drained the old water out from the drain, When I refilled the tank with new water I discovered that water was coming from the belly covering, I have since drained the tank the second time, I checked the filler neck clamps and seem to be alright.
I am now wondering if connections from tank to the water pump may be loose? And where is the access to the pump,( Do I have to cut into the Covering to check this further?
2009 3400RL
MOC 8298 Rick

Thanks for any help,

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
I don't know where your pump is but mine is accessed from my basement. I have to remove a panel and reach a bit to get to it. It is also located just behind the exterior "hook up " compartment and there is a lot of water piping in there.
You could have water coming from there or other pipes in the system.
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I agree your pump should be behind the outside convenient center. Remove that angled white wall and you should find it. Good luck and let us know what you find.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Thanks fellows.
I now know a little about where the pump is as a matter of fact I have had that panel off when I changed the water filter.
Just never noticed the pump there but then again I was not looking for it at the time.

I do believe that it must be some of the pluming going to the pump from the tank then as the water is coming from around the drain hole, I removed the foam filling around the drain pipe and not leaking at this point so will half to dig deeper,

I will cut the Belly blanket and see what I can find then tape up the belly blanket when finished in there,
Thanks again. Rick MOC 8298.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Rick, if you add your model and year to your signatory, it will better help others to help you. Position of parts is model dependent, and so are some problems. Your water pump and tank are so far apart that it would be hard to have a leak travel that far. I would question if maybe you have a cracked tank?
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:31 AM   #6
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

Rick, if you add your model and year to your signatory, it will better help others to help you. Position of parts is model dependent, and so are some problems. Your water pump and tank are so far apart that it would be hard to have a leak travel that far. I would question if maybe you have a cracked tank?
Think it says 2009 3400RL in his post...........
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298

All Right everyone,

Thanks for the info,
I have since put more water in the fresh water tank and nothing showing in way of leak,
So I am starting to believe that the water I had leaking before was probably from over filling or sloppy ness on my part.

Yes the unit is a 2009 3400 RL Hickory edition.
Two Honda 2000 Generators with Parrel cable, Two 130 watt solar Panels,
an Splendid washer dryer.

Pulled by 08 silver-ado SW 3500 Duramax diesel, Allison trany, and air bags,
More power then I know what to do with, and drinks fuel just like a pig in the slop bucket.

Rick MOC 8289