Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #21
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Ozz there is a possibility I do come through there. Where are you at? Nonavigator is on me to stop side trips but Havasu is not but just that far on the map...right.
As for the Mongo BBQ. The name of the place is Lai Lai, The selection is not great however the place is clean the service we got was excellent the food was good, there was a little selection on a Chinese Buffet. It is all you can eat and best of all $6.50 per person. So for a rating Very good value!

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #22
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That sounds like a bargain. Guess we'll have to try it at least once.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #23
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I grew up in Pomona and my mom still lives there. She lives across from the Pomona Cemetery. We bought that house in 1968. I then moved to Rancho Cucamonga. Lived there for 35 years. Now live in Montana. I certainly haven't gotten around very much have I! Anyway if you are going to stay at the Pomona KOA there should be a lot of things going on at the fairgrounds.
http://www.fairplex.com/fp/ is the website. Go to calendar of events. Have a great trip.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #24
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
trukdoc, glad you all made it through the storm and know you are safe and sound. That guy that paints with spray paint is amazing - I have watched them (yes, there are several) in the past. Glad you got to see Fremont Street!

Travel safe - MERRY CHRISTMAS,
God Bless
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #25
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Truckdoc,
Some years back we were coming from Texas and about 50 miles east of Flagstaff we started getting snow. We decided to drive on into Flag and take a break. By the time we got to Flag the snow was falling so hard it was hard to see the road. Enough snow had fallen so that you couldn't see the exit markers. And knowing that unless we kept moving we could well get stuck in Flagstaff. They often close down the road at this point due to the weather. As it turned out we were correct. Within a few hours they closed the road. We kept going and finally ran out of the storm down around Kingman! It was the most severe snow storm we'd ever been in. Snowflakes as large as the palm of your hand! They were huge. And this was in late April!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year; Hope you have good traveling the rest of your trip.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #26
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Hamrad that was precisely what was going on with me. If I stopped I knew I was going to be stuck. Nonavigator kept wanting me to stop and we would go in the morning. I kept telling her it would not just be in the morning. If we did not get out we were going to be there for a bit.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #27
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
We made it to California. Mojave Narrows is booting everyone out Christmas Day so we are holed up the Victorville KOA. We got here in the dark but so far looks good.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rick, side trips are what it's all about! Some of the best times we've had have come because of previously unplanned sidetrips. Spontaneity.

I'm glad to hear you got through that ice and snowstorm safely. About four years ago we ended up towing about 25 miles on ice and snow on an interstate in Oklahoma. Never again. It was a white knuckle experience and no place to pull over.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #29
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
I have not had reservations at any point on this trip for the purpose of going the way the wind takes us. For instance we were going to go to the KOA in Pomona, when they said all they had was on the fairgrounds I did a search and found East Shore RV Park on Puddingstone lake. We got the last spot they had abd it was on lake level. The grandsons loved it. They finally got to fish with grandpa and spend some quiet time.
We then went to Desert Hot Springs CA. spent the night. The hot pools were great. I had a crick in my neck for several days and next morning felt so good I had to do it again before we left. Then we made it to Tombstone, I had wanted to go there for some time and finally made it. But will not ever stay at the Stampede RV Park again. What a dump. The elictrical hook up was so old it had the screw in glass fuses. The place would make a entry on Foxworthy's Redneck yard of yhr week. If we go back and want to stay in town I would stay at Wells Fargo. So left there and went on to Las Cruces KOA, we have a great view and there is a Mountaineer TT here as well as a Monty. Any MOC members?
Anyway off to Carlesbad KOA tomorrow looks like Cloudcroff is clear.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #30
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rick,
You guys found one of our favorite parks - East Shore RV. Sounds like you are having a great trip. Enjoy.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #31
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
trukdoc, take in the White Sands on the way from Las Cruces to Alamogordo. Wouldn't take you long to go through the musuem and it is right there on the hwy. You might also want to check and make sure there are no missions as they close the road until the firings are over or you'll be on the hwy until they reopen. Enjoy Carlsbad - should be pretty through Cloudcroft with the snow.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
Old 01-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #32
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
I did not make it through the white sands museum but did make to Roswell. We went from Roswell to Abiline and now home. What a trip/ All went well that is after I fixed the screw ups from All Seasons RV in Rockwell TX. Had warranty work done on the Frige and a pretrip inspection. They did fix the frige but as for the pretrip I do not think they did a thing but cash my check and broke the wireing to the furnace.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #33
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Glad you had a good trip and made it home safe and sound. I think there are a few dealers that actually preck but like yours ours didn't either but glad you were able to fix it.

Lorraine