Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Fabrics/upholstery,bedspreads,curtains

Please read the continuing thread "Fabrics" under General. There seems to be some unhappiness with the color and pattern choices available in the soft goods supplied. We have replaced our bedspread and matching pillows (large brown floral) with a feather duvet. Other people made large changes in these items as well. Understand that you can't please all the people all the time--but perhaps some more universally pleasing and useful color and pattern choices could be offered. Thanks!

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
... and bedspreads that are washable! More extra-cost fabric/decor options would nice too!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
I agree with more choices and less forals. I cannot believe you use two different florals for couch and bedspread. I am going to change the spread and drapes in bedroom.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:18 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I couldn't agree more with the above comments. In such a small space, neutral fabrics would be a good choice. Then the owners could more easily add their own decorator fabrics and accent choices to personalize their space. And the washable bedspread is a great suggestion.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:29 AM   #5
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Glenda and I agree. We've just ordered a new 3475 and unfortunately the interior colour scheme we ordered is only because it was the best of the bad choices for us.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #6
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
We were the same way.To many florals.I took the headboard down and made one out of oak wainscote. Then added muslan for the fancy boarder. We also changed the curtains and wall boarder as well. The main living area,I removed the curtains and built oak sides for the day/nite shades. I fastened them to the exsisting headers.The floral arch above the door was replaced with another piece of oak that has a wood burned outdoor scene on it.A little at a time changes things.We also changed the wall border in living area.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I decided to wait on the bedspread until it wears out then we will do what we have done in other units and get a washable comforter. Maybe ours is more subdued but I really don't mind the floral in the couch although my stick house has not one floral thing. As things get dirty or wear out, we will replace. I do like jsmitfl's idea about the floral arch above the door. That is a little much especially since they could have put one of the pretty Montana wood scenes that is over our slides.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:27 AM   #8
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
I have been wondering about removing the borders. Did you replace them with something else? I have been afraid to mess with them in case they were hiding something. I agree with all the floral, and the dark colours. Neutrals in lighter colours would give a much lighter look to the unit and make it feel bigger. We also find the recliners very uncomfortable and are looking to replace them. We both have long legs, and the "legpart" just isn't long enough.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:43 AM   #9
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
The previous owners of our rig re-bordered everything. They primarily slapped on a wider border. We are going to try to take off the borders and not damage the wall paper under it. I'll be using a clothing steamer to try to soften just the borders. I have a much bigger steamer that would likely cook a hot dog, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to control it.

That is one of the jobs for this weekends first trip! I'll let you know how it goes.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote