Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Austin Lone Star RV Resort

Pulled into Austin Lone Star RV Resort today for 6 nights. Staying in site 142. As I was getting set up my neighbor pulled out in a Big Sky. DW said they were from Baytown. I walked across the driveways and met them on the exit road and handed him a MOC'ing card. Hope we see them here some day. See, even though I'm an SOB, I still love MOC'ing, and MOC'ers!!

Back to the CG. Very nice with gravel sites and relatively level. Just needed to bump the hydraulics, more for stabilization than leveling. THEy EVEN HAVE A DOGGIE PARK. The CG is a full Passport America park, meaning 7 days a week except during special events. Example: Not this weekend, but the following weekend is "Austin City Lights," weekend and the place is already booke(If someone can tell me what that is!) So far I'm very satisfied with the park. The sites are gravel/pea-stone, and that drops it down a half star for me. There is a security access gate with a $20 deposit for the pass card. No wandering visitors. Plenty of restrooms, showers, etc., with a Wed-Sunday all you can eat for a $1 pancake breakfast. They also have other breakfast food in the restaurant part of the club house. The staff were very pleasant on check-in and very helpful on suggesting a doctor for DW. Just all around Texas nice! On a scale of 1-5 I'd give it a solid 4 and with concrete sites I'd raise it up a notch.

Drop on by and say hello.
409-771-6508 to see if we are here and not out running around. (Not that DW is supposed to!)

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Austin City Limits is a music event. They have lots of different ones year round and they are well attended. It was supposed to happen last weekend but got changed along with the UT game because of IKE. Then we didn't have any storm to speak of.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 AM   #3
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Wayne;
I think Lone Star is the park that we stayed in when we were on our way home from South Padre last year.
You are so right it is a lovely park and we enjoyed it, tho felt a little cramped with slides on both sides
I nearly hit my head on the neighbors slide. Nice folks. We were there just one night and went into town to
see the Riverwalk. We will be going back to San Antonio.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thanks all.

Extended my stay until the 25th. That will give DW some time to rest, if I can slow her down, her knee. It is a better today and hopefully everyday will get a little better/ We will stay away from Texas City until the electricity comes on.

yep! park is not the widest but I don't feel cramped mainly because there is no one next to us on either side. Had a Prevost on street side when we first pulled in but they left the next day. That is a 1.5 million dollar rig. It is 8 years old and the owner said he got a deal on it for $400k. Way to rich for my blood!!

Miya is really enjoying the doggie park. She meets new friends every day. This morning she met the "bigger" dogs and had a ball playing. This evening she was the only big dog in the park, with about 8 little doggies. I have to keep a close watch on her in that situation because she's 65-70 pounds agains 10-15 pounds. She thinks she is a small dog when she is with small dogs, and a big dog when with big dogs. I think it's a "dog" thing!!

Just 7 miles down the road is Cabella's and right next to it is Crestview RV Dealer, and RV Park. It looked nice with cement pads and good spacing. We are not going to move but will keep it in mind for maybe another stay sometime.

Drop by and say hello.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Any word on when you can get back into Texas City?? We also wonder if that campground we are supposed to winter in is still there, Green Caye. Take care and stay in touch.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Green Caye is open for business and have electricity. They have 53 on their waiting list right now. You should be okay for your stay. Hopefully by then they will have the evacuees back home. You might want to call them a week or two ahead of time. I don't know if they will give evacuees precedence over reservations. If we have Electricity then you can park in our driveway until they have an opening. 50 amps and water. I'll give you a bucket for sewer. We do have a dump station in TC and of course you can use "Earlene's" bathroom. I might just clean my bathroom up for you to shower in.

We still do not have electricity. There is a triple transformer down in the back alley. One of the neighbors asked when they might have it and the reply was, "It will be awhile!" A friend said they were working fast around town. He got electricity last evening. His house is only 1 block from the bay. One of his friends went out to the sea wall and said the water line from the storm was 4 to 5 feet below the top of the wall. The wall was designed after Carla, 1961, to withstand a 20 foot wall surge. (Guess things have gotten bigger since then.) That would have put the surge at the 15 or 16 foot mark.

Thank you Texas City Engineers!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #7
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Yeppers we are one of the 53 on the waiting list They told us that they are full with adjusters, evacuees. I think they are considering their previous reservations too.

Sure wish Kemah would get their power back too. Still no losses at the present time. That is a good thing, as we are getting paid to sit and wait, or should I say we are supposed to be getting paid.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
might have to take you up on that if things don't get fixed before then. we will be back down there around november 14 or 15, will call you this weekend. jim
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We stayed at the Lone Star our first January of fulltiming, January 2004. We stayed a month and enjoyed the park and the area. I don't recall our site number but we were near the SE corner, on the north side of the southernmost road, close to the back.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
That's about where we are Steve. We like the Austin area and will be back some time in the future. Hope to see y'all around the CG's.

We are about 75 or so Yards from the Doggie park.