Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Trip from Bryce to Salt Lake City

We left Bryce Canyon before 8 am and had a stop in Richfield to get the service done on the Dometic Fridge. Jorgensen Honda (and Yamaha, suzuki, and all things hunting and fishing, plus many RV parts) did the repair in less than 40 minutes. We had made an appointment the previous week and they were waiting for us at 10 am, our agreed upon time. They were great!!!!!!

Outside Salt Lake City, Cathy and I decided to pull into a Walmart parking lot to fix an iced coffee, do duty, and rest rear. As we were pulling off I15 one of my tire sensors went off. The right inner wheel on the dually was leaking out, down to 70, then 68 and finally 49. We pulled into a garage and they said they don't do tires but there was a Les Schwab around the corner. I drove over there and in less than 30 minutes, they had pulled a 2 inch screw, out of the time, fixed the hole and had us on our way. And the neat thing was : NO CHARGE, since we had bought there tires for our Montana, they will never charge us for a flat repair again. I can't sing enough praises for the Tire Pressure Monitor system. Saved my bacon AGAIN!

As this is my first dually for any length of time, what happens when the inner tire goes flat and you don't know about it, or do you know about it when the outer tire goes flat also. Would one notice an inner flat?????

Anyway, other than that it was an uneventful trip. We left today instead of tomorrow as there was some weather warnings for So Utah, high winds and thunderstorms. not conducive to driving, for me anyway.

Since we got here a day early we are in a temp spot, 50 amp and sewer, which I didn't hook up. Have enough on board water to last the night. Will move to our reserved site tomorrow. If anyone is in this area or will be for the next three weeks please PM or E-mail and let's do lunch/dinner/snacks/movie or just plain get together.

Phil

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
You have to love Les Schwab tire stores. I just wish they were all over the country. Anytime you have a new vehicle with O/E tires they will repair and rotate free of charge. Hard to pass up a deal like that. Sounds like your having a great time Phil.
Bob

P.S. Have you been to the Air Museum at Ogden? I understand its pretty good.
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Just got into Ogden today. In a temp site for the nite, I arrived one day early. Will be moved to perm site tomorrow then tne adventure will begin. Is the Museum on the base???? Hill sure is a BIG base........Nice FamCamp.....Lots of trees.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
I believe it is on the base or next to it. I haven't been to it yet, just drove by a few years ago on the job. It's definately one of my goals. I really enjoyed the Pima Air Museum.
Bob
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Hi Phil,

The Air Museum is at the Northwest gate off I-15 near the Roy exit.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote