Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Arts & Crafts
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2018, 07:35 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Leather Pistol Holstermaking

Sue and I got back from around 18 months living ‘on the road’ so to speak, since I retired from my HVAC business, we said why not?
I moved my heavy leather sewing machine to the RV, sold holsters through Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, And Arizona. I design and make all my holsters, have over $1,000 worth of Blue guns, or, pattern guns to get a great fit. It was interesting stopping at every leather shop along the way, amazing all the talent hidden in those small shops. It’s a hobby, as much money as I have in it, it will never turn a profit or become a business. There’s a saying: You know how to become a millionaire in the Holster business? Start with 2 million.
Don’t know how to post a picture from an iphone, probably be too big and not conform to posting guidelines.
I’ve been away too long. CRS, forgot all that resizing stuff.
You can see them on Bear Foot Leather on Facebook.
Sue is making amazing quilts now, girl can do anything.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
Nice work and craftsmanship. I checked out your FB page and very nice looking. I have a Glock 43 with an inside waist holster that is uncomfortable. Will eventually look for an outer holster for the hip. Obviously your very talented!
Mike117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #3
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Believe it or not ~~ some do not have a FB account. Good luck as it is hard to find a decent holster. I finally found an acceptable leather holster for a Colt Det Spec, not a great one but acceptable.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha!
John, the way they run it, I think we would all be better off without a Facebook account. I like to have an account for my Holsters though.
Email me and I’ll send a nice picture of a thumb break Holster I made for my Real Estate Niece
Ha, her job is Real Estate
HVAC.repairs@yahoo.com
Nice hearing from you
Jim
Old 04-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Wow, nice holsters. I have a Dan Wesson .44 Mag Heavy Vented Barrel 5.5” Barrel that I have never been able to find a leather holster for. I bought this new in 1981 when I turned 21 and keep it wrapped in a Oil impregnated cotton cloth. Have you ever made a holster for this model of Revolver.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wow, that is a heavy duty pistol!
Yes, could you email me please?
HVAC.repairs@yahoo.com
Thanks Jim
Old 04-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Nice looking work on your holsters. I need a more than a few as I have a problem with having to many different hand guns that each require their own specific holster. I did cheat and buy two of the same backup guns for when I am up in the northwest or down in the southwest but logistics say I need a holster for each one. I cheat with using a fanny pack quick access to pack sometimes because some people freak if they actually saw a gun. The fanny pack looks just like most others so I don't upset people.

Tom Marty
Old 04-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It’s always best to conceal, I never want anyone to feel uncomfortable.
Can you email me?
HVAC.repairs@yahoo.com
Thanks, Jim
Old 05-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #9
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Holster for Smith and Wesson 9mm model 39-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Sue and I got back from around 18 months living ‘on the road’ so to speak, since I retired from my HVAC business, we said why not?
I moved my heavy leather sewing machine to the RV, sold holsters through Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, And Arizona. I design and make all my holsters, have over $1,000 worth of Blue guns, or, pattern guns to get a great fit. It was interesting stopping at every leather shop along the way, amazing all the talent hidden in those small shops. It’s a hobby, as much money as I have in it, it will never turn a profit or become a business. There’s a saying: You know how to become a millionaire in the Holster business? Start with 2 million.
Don’t know how to post a picture from an iphone, probably be too big and not conform to posting guidelines.
I’ve been away too long. CRS, forgot all that resizing stuff.
You can see them on Bear Foot Leather on Facebook.
Sue is making amazing quilts now, girl can do anything.
What types of holster would you have for a Smith model 39-2 9mm?
A few years back I bought a bunch of led light bulbs form you.
tell me about prices also.d
John
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:58 PM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks! Very nice Pistol, I have many styles and Leathers, I have nice leather holsters for $70, I made a beautiful Alligator Inlay for a Judge in Bullhead City for $300, just depends on the Holster.
Friend me on Facebook and I’ll show some pictures. Jim Osbern, I have a willie Nelson avatar; Chili Nelson ��
Good to hear from you
Old 05-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #11
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Welcome back, Ozz! I missed ya
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks! You are, and always have been a good man. Now, don’t let this go to your head... ��
Take care, come visit on Facebook
Jim
Old 05-23-2018, 06:11 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hi Ozz god to see you back will check into your face book page. Helen and I are still on the road..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:23 PM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
My gosh, that surprises me, you guys are hardcore ��, I’m glad, brings back good memories.
I have a Facebook site I don’t know how to get rid of, but you will see my active one. Do a request and I’ll ‘friend’ you
Jim