Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2023, 09:19 AM   #1
Doobster

M.O.C. #31984
Propane pigtail that does not leak

Though not actually full timing in our Montana 3813MS, we do have it hooked to shore power throughout the year for guests. I have purchased tw0 12 foot pigtail propane hoses in the last year and a half to use with a 100 lb tank. The first hose was purchased June of 2022; Propane Supply Hose # CAM59033. The second was purchased November 2022; Camco 59035. Both hoses have checked and leaked. The hoses have not been installed with tight radius turns and have not been in the sun.

Has anyone had success with a different brand or style of hose? One of my choices was to purchase a Gas Stop pigtail as reviewers say they have a better crimp coupler on the hose. I do not know if the rubber hose itself is better.
They do not look to provide a 12' hose. I had also thought of installing copper tubing or semi ridged aluminum flexible hose from the changeover to the tank.

Doobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 09:56 AM   #2
Rotnjonny
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32150
I use a. 100lb portable tank on my hunting cabin. I use flexible corrugated stainless tubing that I purchased at Home Depot. I’ve had the same line for 10+ years.
Rotnjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 07:37 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Some years ago, prior to having a hip replaced, we had a large propane tank set next to our rig, and the propane company made up a hose to connect to the rig. The hose never rotted. The tech said many of the cheaper hoses are made with a plastic material, not a quality rubber cover. Your best bet would be to take one of the hoses that have failed to a propane supplier and have them make a hose with the same fittings and length. It likely will last you a long time.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 02:59 PM   #4
Doobster

M.O.C. #31984
Thank you for the recommendations.
Doobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:43 PM   #5
Wisconsin Retiree
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28036
I just purchased a second 12 ft hose for the Blackstone because the new previous 5 week old hose leaked like crazy at the connection to the built in regulator. Zero quality on any of them.