Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles or RV related items Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
Brenda's Blessing

M.O.C. #26140
Inset cutting boards

Hi, I'm new to this (both forum AND camping!). I'm looking for inset cutting boards that go over the double sink in my 2011 Montana 3400RL. Any ideas? Can't find them anywhere and would prefer ones that match my counters, if possible.

Brenda's Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Wow, good luck. We took the covers off the day we got home and 9 years later they are still in the garage somewhere. Our 2012 3700RL has a double sink which may be the same as yours. The counters in ours are not "cutting board". They are Corian (yes real Corian with the button logo - it didn't take long for Montana to find a cheaper source) which you definitely don't want to cut on.

If you are interested in having ours, let me know and we can further investigate if they fit and the color. Be aware they are *HEAVY* so shipping will be an issue.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #3
Brenda's Blessing

M.O.C. #26140
I would be interested if you find them. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2020, 11:53 PM   #4
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Any Corian Dealer can cut you a set they just template the sink. The issue will be is the color still made. Having previously been a Corian dealer I have made sink covers for people before. You can cut on them but they will scratch so just be prepared to sand out and buff scratches
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:20 AM   #5
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I had to have one side of ours replaced under warranty as the corner had a chip missing. You can always order from Keystone or their supplier if others don't work out. I have no idea how much they cost though.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda's Blessing View Post
I would be interested if you find them. Thanks!
Well it took a bit but I found them. The color is Cocoa Brown which was a standard Corian color but it came in "gloss" rather than the standard matte finish. The first picture shows the two pieces with dimensions. The second picture shows the drain board part which can sit under the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sink Cover.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	6431   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529_140440.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	6432  

Old 06-09-2020, 08:03 PM   #7
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I worked for a custom cabinet/counter manufacturer for 6 years. I wanted to build a counter top extension and our shop could NOT produce the matching color of corion. It was apparently exclusive to the RV industry and not available for purchase. Good luck!!!
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #8
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I worked for a custom cabinet/counter manufacturer for 6 years. I wanted to build a counter top extension and our shop could NOT produce the matching color of corion. It was apparently exclusive to the RV industry and not available for purchase. Good luck!!!
It all depends on the year of your unit. Corian discontinues colors and depending on the manufacturer it might not have been actual Corian but could have been LG Hi-Macs or a number of other brands. It appears that Keystone took Corian as a name out of their promo literature sometime in 2015 or 2016. So they probably switched to some off brand that’s cheaper. There are probably 15 or more readily available brands of solid surface that are mass produced. Unless keystone is courting a company to pour sheets for them (unlikely) you can find the manufacturer it’s always stamped on the backside of the material or at least on the bottom of the sink
Old 06-09-2020, 08:26 PM   #9
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Well it took a bit but I found them. The color is Cocoa Brown which was a standard Corian color but it came in "gloss" rather than the standard matte finish. The first picture shows the two pieces with dimensions. The second picture shows the drain board part which can sit under the cover.
Interestingly any Corian color can be matte or gloss it’s just in the way it is fabricated.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedmichigan View Post
Interestingly any Corian color can be matte or gloss it’s just in the way it is fabricated.
My 2012 has Corian with the company logo. When I went to the local Corian dealer and while he had the same Corian, he claimed it only came in matte. Now you can have it polished to a gloss finish, but he hadn't ever seen it. I assumed Montana ordered a bunch of it and specified gloss. I don't know.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:30 PM   #11
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
My 2012 has Corian with the company logo. When I went to the local Corian dealer and while he had the same Corian, he claimed it only came in matte. Now you can have it polished to a gloss finish, but he hadn't ever seen it. I assumed Montana ordered a bunch of it and specified gloss. I don't know.
Having been a shop Forman at a Corian fabricator most sheets come in somewhere between matte and gloss. Corian recommends dark colors to be gloss as a matte finish usually shows oils more and tends to get glossy spots where people’s hands most rub. Sinks only come in matte. I worked for a large commercial cabinet company so we dealt with almost everything Corian had to offer. The little shops often had color samples but didn’t have the experience with finishing or repairs.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:55 PM   #12
Brenda's Blessing

M.O.C. #26140
That looks right. How much do you want for them? And any idea what shipping would cost? Zip code is 64015
Old 06-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #13
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda's Blessing View Post
That looks right. How much do you want for them? And any idea what shipping would cost? Zip code is 64015
Let me check on the shipping cost.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:54 PM   #14
Silverado Sam
Established Member

M.O.C. #17348
Any custom cabinett shop can make you real wood cutting boards that you can actually cut on. The color wont match but they will be cutting boards.
Silverado Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #15
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Our last SOB had Corian with the little button ID and they were nice, but...
Our Monty has something different, no markings. Very similar to Corian and glossy but it doesn't scratch as easily. In fact DW has cut on the island w/o marking it.
We have Corian countertops at the S&B so we're use to being careful. The counters in the RV seem closer to quartz. We have inserts for the sink but they're usually parked under it. I got a large cutting board that sets nicely on the stove burners and we do most cutting there.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote