Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2020, 06:32 PM   #21
piperterri
Established Member

M.O.C. #23409
That is really crummy. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Terri

piperterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #22
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
I have had a DISH Tailgater since 2007 and have never had a problem with anyone bothering it...even when I would place it on the ground...but then again we don't RV in parks that are sketchy.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #23
chapman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10801
If you like it , lock it !!!
chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #24
Dave10
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23030
I have a winguard Carry out since the were introduced and never had a problem because i choose camping where there's minimal risk while avoiding ones that are in run down areas. Crime seems be more prevelant in those places.
Dave10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:53 PM   #25
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
I have 5 of these I use for bikes, Kayak, BBQ and Satellite. Cheap and reliable battery is good for 5-6 months before recharge. Only $15

https://www.amazon.com/Onvian-Anti-T...s%2C210&sr=8-5

lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:52 PM   #26
Clark Anklam
Established Member

M.O.C. #23192
Never had a satellite dish stolen, but actually had one of the wheel hocks that you use a 3/4" wrench to install between two tires! Don't know what time of the day or night it happened, but when we went to hook up the truck to leave the wheel chock was gone! They left the one on the other side!
Clark Anklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:08 AM   #27
edb

M.O.C. #23232
Can they use it?

I think, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the dish is linked to your reciever so if stolen it can't be used. Most people in an rv park would know that so won't steal it. Boondocking is where I would be concerned. We have never had a problem and have left it on the ground unsecured many times. Anything can get stolen though. We do what we can.
edb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #28
edb

M.O.C. #23232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Anklam View Post
Never had a satellite dish stolen, but actually had one of the wheel hocks that you use a 3/4" wrench to install between two tires! Don't know what time of the day or night it happened, but when we went to hook up the truck to leave the wheel chock was gone! They left the one on the other side!
I guess they were short one. LoL Takes all kinds
edb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:16 AM   #29
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by edb View Post
I think, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the dish is linked to your reciever so if stolen it can't be used. Most people in an rv park would know that so won't steal it. Boondocking is where I would be concerned. We have never had a problem and have left it on the ground unsecured many times. Anything can get stolen though. We do what we can.
Your received is registered in your account but not the antenna. There is nothing from the Dish side that stops a stolen antenna from being used.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #30
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
I use a 20ft dog tie out cable with a padlock at each end. One goes thru the satellite handle the other around the trailer jack. Have never had any attempts before anyone.

I have just eliminated Dish cable from my budget and will use FireStick with hotspots for my TV.

SO. I have a good Tailgater satellite, 211 receiver, and 25ft. Good coax cable to get rid of. Anyone interested I am in the Dallas TX area.
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #31
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe in Texas View Post
I use a 20ft dog tie out cable with a padlock at each end. One goes thru the satellite handle the other around the trailer jack. Have never had any attempts before anyone.

I have just eliminated Dish cable from my budget and will use FireStick with hotspots for my TV.

SO. I have a good Tailgater satellite, 211 receiver, and 25ft. Good coax cable to get rid of. Anyone interested I am in the Dallas TX area.
Same story here in Upstate NY. I have the KING VQ4500R Tailgater w/two Wally rcvr's, remotes and Netgear WiFi adaptors. Cables included. If anyone is interested. All offers welcomed.

I just found all the splitters in the RV were too much of a hassle and we use the Fire Stick at home. So we just use that now.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote