Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
Montana_2894

M.O.C. #2894
Washer/vented dryer in 3400RL

We just bought a new 3400RL after looking extensively. We will be living in it full time and so far it is great. Question: We installed a Splendide 2000 S washer/dryer but with the bi-fold doors on the cabinet opening folded back we can't get to the controls. I'm guessing I need to rehang the door with normal hinges from the right hand side of the opening. Any advice would be appreciated.
We are pulling it with a '03 Dodge Ram Turbo/Deisel 2500. Coming from Arizona to Springfield, MO it worked very well. The hills between Springfield here to Branson made it work a lot harder. An observer in our campground questioned the breaking ability of a 2500 with a 5th wheel this size. Any comments? Thanks in advance.
Paul and Beverly Jennings paul.jennings@sbcglobal.net

Montana_2894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Welcome to MOC. Several folks here have had the same problem with their WD, I believe some hinged the door on each side with the center opening.
As far as your truck, the brakes should be OK, you have brakes on the trailor that take a lot of the load, if set up right. Watch them as they may wear a little faster than if you wern't towing. The truck is probably over weight on it's payload capacity, probably OK on it's ability to pull the 5er.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Paul,
I have also heard the same comment a few times from folks along the way. I tow my 3400RL with a 2500HD Chevy and have not had one bit of trouble with stopping power. As Skip said, if set up right the coach will take more of the load. I have only had to "slam" the brakes once with this combo and was totally amazed at how well they responded. As long as your brake controller is set right and you are not over the limits of your truck all will be well. Congrats on the new coach.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote