Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Where to buy a landing gear footpad?

Anybody know where we can buy a rectangular footpad like comes on the Montana landing gear? I thought they are pretty standard but am having trouble finding one. The RV dealers we talked to had the round ones for the rear stabilizers and for motorhome levelers but not the one I need. In their catalogs they have something similar but it doesn't appear it would mate up properly although I've not done any measuring yet.

We managed to lose one between Kansas City and Savannah. I suspect when knocking ice off the landing gear in KC so we could retract the legs I probably knocked the cotter/keeper pin loose. We did not unhitch nor drop landing gear for our overnight stops so discovered the missing pad when we stopped for three nights in Perry, GA. For now I'm using a door hinge I happened to have aboard as a pad to spread the weight a little.

According to the Montana website the nearest Montana dealer is 67 miles away.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Steve
Try rvsurplussalvage.com in Elkart. They have everything. we were there during the rally. Their telephone no is 574-264-5575. They also have another email address. Info@rvsurplus.net. Souns like your out of the kansas snowstorms. Thats why i left there.
Ken and Velda Taylor (KSU)
Dahlgren Va
2005 3475RL Montana/Ford F350 Diesel
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Steve
Almost forgot. I replaced one of mine on the 2003 Montana we had. It was an adjustable one from Campers World. Their around 24.00. It saves shimming up the jacks so they level correctly.
ken Taylor
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

Call the dealer that is 67 miles away, have him ship you one??? You are going to be in this campground a while, right??? Or, Ken's suggestion looks good.

Or, take a ride, you are in a beautful area, my grandfather was born in Savannah in 1895! Be sure to take in the St. Paddy's days events if you are still there! It is quite the doings!

Good luck on your search for a foot!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
sreigle,

Call George at Lippert on Monday. If the inner leg is still there, he will probably send you a new pad for nothing except for shipping. Especially if you give him a real heart-breaking story. Tell him I said so!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
Montana_31
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #31
Steve, we lost one in Nova Scotia and had a dfficult time finding a replacement. Finally found one at an RV dealer in Maryland, he happened to have one from another unit he scrapped for parts. Good luck finding a new one. Maybe emailing or calling the manufacturer of the landing gear on your unit, if you can discover who that is.
Montana_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions. At the Tampa show I asked Coleman and Craig where to find these and they're sending me a couple of them this next week. Keystone once again comes through for us.

We stopped at two dealers between Perry, GA, and Savannah, when we had the house with us. We stopped at three dealers while driving to Tampa from Savannah this past Thursday. Then gave up because we were running out of time to get to Tampa.

Ken, we also have one of those adjustable feet on the other leg so don't think we should have adjustable on both sides. You're right, they're great. No more shimming the landing gear with wood when setting up. Also, we bought our fantastic fan at that salvage place while at the rally but I didn't think of them for this. Good idea, I'll keep them in mind for next time I need a part.

Carol, we leave here 3/10 so will miss the parade. Unfortunately.

Bob & Carol, you know what we've dealing with, then. Thanks for the suggestion.

MIMF, thanks for the offer. I didn't think of calling them. If Keystone hadn't come through I'd take you up on that suggestion. And, yes, the leg is still there. I just apparently knocked out the clip that holds the pin in place. The pin worked its way out and the pad dropped off. Probably shook somebody up behind me, assuming it bounced around a bit. The pin was dangling from one hole so all I need is the pad and a new clip, which I can get at a hardware store or probably have some in the truck toolbox that will fit.

Thanks everyone for the great responses.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #8
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
I replaced one of mine with an adjustable foot from CW, it looks pretty much the same and allows me to compensate for uneven ground.
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:55 AM   #9
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Hey Steve

I just replaced both of my foot pads.Bought them at Camping World.Their called "ultra footpads.I`ll bet their twice as big as the stock ones that Keystone has.These things are huge and strong also.Very happy with them.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:08 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Harleyrider. Already have some on the way from Keystone but if there's a next time I'll check CW. Thanks!