Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
I Am A New Owner

As of 11am yesterday I am the proud owner of a Splendide AW 125
Stackable washer dryer. I am so excited I need to fine some clothes to wash. I did not think i would need one until this last trip.The trip between Michigan and West Va. told me I had a decision to make. Clothes do stack up. Carol I may need some pointers when we get to Goshen. Hope you are next to us this year at Goshen. I plan to put you on washer duty. See all at Goshen.
Rosetta
PS John has Ann replaced hers yet?

Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Congratulations Jay Bird. Tim
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Congrtats on the new washer & dryer. See you in a week. We'll bring plenty of dirty clothes so you can practice.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
WAHHOOOOO Rosetta!! Congrats

If we are not parked next to you, well, no biggie, even with 74/75/76 or more units, the park is not that large!

I still have to think about finding some tennis balls. Hmmmmmm.

See ya soon!

Happy for ya!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
We got ours installed just before Labor Day. We did not have any dirty clothes that weekend but one in our group loaned us theirs since we were offering to wash and dry. Needed to test it out before we left the area for Goshen.
So far Ann is GRINNING. Everything looks good.
I did have to modify the folding doors but they work.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Rosetta, if your washer drain pipe connects to the main 3 inch dump pipe make sure you have a end gate on the dump and have at least one gray tank valve open. I forgot to do this twice, once with the original OEM flooring and once two days ago with new vinyl. The mess was easier to clean up the second time. I put the clothes in the washer and said to myself "self, don't forget to open a gray tank gate" and promptly went out the door and forgot. The running water sound was the WAKE UP call... Dave P.S. congrats on the new toys
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Rosetta, you are going to love them! I'll give you the tips the Splendide tech gave me when I see you at the rally.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
John,
I moved the hinged portion of the doors from the right side to the left side. The doors fold in the oppsite direction but works well. Rosetta forgot to mention that she also had power stablizers put on the rear of the rig. No more cranking.

George
Old 09-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Rosetta, if your washer drain pipe connects to the main 3 inch dump pipe make sure you have a end gate on the dump and have at least one gray tank valve open. I forgot to do this twice, once with the original OEM flooring and once two days ago with new vinyl. The mess was easier to clean up the second time. I put the clothes in the washer and said to myself "self, don't forget to open a gray tank gate" and promptly went out the door and forgot. The running water sound was the WAKE UP call... Dave P.S. congrats on the new toys
Dave, I`m not understanding your reply. I thought the water drained independently of the tanks? We just open the drain valve at the sewer connection.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
This seems to have been the weekend for washer/dryer installs. We finally got the Splendide 2100 we bought from John & Ann at the Mid-Atlantic rally installed and tested. We love it.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
greener,

If I understand your question/comment, please remember that the plumbing on Montanas is NOT always the same configuration. There was a time that they actually plumbed the washer/dryer into the black tank.

To be specific, your unit is most likely plumbed differently than our early 2004 model, my w/d goes directly to my GRAY tank. If the tank is not open, you risk the chance of overflowing.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Who would think we would all be in love with a washer/dryer. They are the greatest!!! Enjoy!!!
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
greener, our Big Sky has the laundry drain piped into the main dump pipe about two feet forward of the actual dump connection. I installed an additional gate valve on the dump pipe which I keep closed until it is time to dump tanks. We don't always have a FHU site and we can do laundry if the end gate is closed and either or both the gray tanks valves are open so the laundry water can backup into the gray tanks. If the Gray tank valves are not open then after the first drain cycle the washer water will backup into the laundry closet. Where we are at the moment we use a macerator pump and only dump when tanks get full... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Carol.....tennis balls..I know of what you speak. When I drove for the school and drove the truck to work I parked near the tennis courts and would find tennis balls in the bed of the truck on a regular basis...way out of bounds.. I have a large bag of tennis balls. Will try to remember to bring them to the rally.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #15
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
We hope you enjoy the washer/dryer as much as we have. Our is a combo and doing laundry right there in the rig makes things so much nicer.
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:27 AM   #16
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Thanks Rich! That would be fab!! Al doesn't play tennis any more and I was always horrible and refused to try!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #17
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Well Rosetta and George, our congrats on your new W/D and auto stabilizers. We will see you at the Rally, but will probably be either cranking the rear stabilizers or at the laundromat. Please don't mention W/D to Judy. She thinks it means Walt Disney!!! Just kiddin'....and good luck you too! See you on Main Street Goshen!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #18
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Dennis,
Forget it, you are jinxed and most likely you are next. When Rosetta came over during the Mid-Atlantic rally and Cathy started gushing about the stackables, the nail was put in the coffin then (Rosetta was strongly considering them and I think her mind had already been made up, but Cathy persuaded here not to be dissuaded). As soon as Judy is exposed to the same pressure from other owners, you will be the next installation, after all that is the primary purpose of that coat holder to the right of the entrance door!!!!
...and back on topic, congratulations Rosetta!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Bingo,
Truer words were never spoken. She did not waste anytime getting back to the dealership and had me order the W/D. Tested it today and it works like a charm. We did not do the 1200 rpm spin only 800. Surprisingly very little virbration. There was more vibration from walking than the washer in the spin cycle. Our drain is in the main drain and does not feed into either holding tank. I just have to make sure I remember to open the shut off gate on the drain.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #20
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
George,
Your hookup should be like ours, there are no valves to mess with as long as you are hooked up to sewer (that is unless you added a valve at the end to extend boondocking storage of gray water??).
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote