Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #21
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Allen..A trip through time..The Univac file computer was installed in the Cleveland center in 1959. We came on boad there in 1961 and had the pleasure of checking about a Gazillion tubes. It was removed shortly thereafter.

http://vipclubmn.org/Documents/ATCFileComputers.pdf
Ah-Ha. Someone else who knows what drum memory is!

Oh! -------- And I forgot grasshopper fuses.

ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 AM   #22
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It took me darn near a year to figure out how to use the Commodore 64. It took me longer to figure out most all the different Windows operating systems. Today Lorraine handles all the computer problems. Hell, I don't even want to consider learning Windows Vista
Not that many years ago I had my own business doing websites. Everything from design to hosting. Today I can do a very basic website, such as montanaowners.com. I still love HTML. I could even handle style-sheets, JavaScript, animations, etc but all the new Flash, E-commerce, etc has me baffled. Most all of my editing software is old versions. My graphics editing software is 9 years old. My FTP software is 8 years old. A lot of my software is not even in existence anymore.
I'm an Old Dog at this stuff but you know what they say about teaching an Old Dog.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 AM   #23
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
richfaa, thanks for the trip down memory lane on the IBM 360 pictures. It really brought back a lot of memories. As they say, "those were the days my friend". We all had a lot of fun back then. But now we have gone from the "sharp guys in the data center" to "those old guys don't know a thing". I just smile and say thanks.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I like many here had the opportunity to be involved in Computer technology from the early beginnings. We worked in the technology from 1955(military) to 1999/// It was quite a trip.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote