Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #1
montanagal
Established Member

M.O.C. #3266
Shower Door Leaks

Montana Model 3255RL - Year 2002

The shower leaks on the two front corners by the door.

We have taken the complete shower door and side panels off the tub and completely cleaned and re-sealed the unit back on the garden tub. We have done this two times and nothing is working. Any suggestions as to products or proper sealing would be appreciated.

Montanagal

montanagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I see you are new to the forum. Welcome. Can't help with the shower. Would need to look at it. Sounds like it might need a dealer visit.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:43 AM   #3
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
My shower leaked from day one. Even a trip back to the factory did not take care of the problem.

I finally took the time to remove all the grout around the doors, made sure all was dry and clean and then grouted again. It still leaked. I then focused on the the corners and and back wall to the left. Not the entire back wall just that one. I did this because that is where I really believed the leak was actually coming from. I have heard you should not grout the back wall, but by grouting this small portion, my shower no longer leaks.

Not sure if this is your problem. Just sharing what worked for me.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:36 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Montanagal,

First of all welcome to the forum!!

Next, you are not specific about where your leak is, we had one, it was the faucet and how it was hooked up. Al is not here right now to coach me on the proper terminology, so, my best suggestion is to use the search feature and read the many posts that discuss this situation.

You also do not say, what year your unit is, any chance it is still under warranty??

Glad to have you here, good luck with your leak, let us know you fix it.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:27 AM   #5
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Anyone have any ideas about how to keep hard water spots from forming on the shower glass? How about Rain-X, any experience with it?
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:23 AM   #6
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Charlie,
We keep a small squeegee in the shower and wipe down the glass and walls after each use. We do the same thing at the stick home, both glass and the fiberglass enclosure. Works well.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #7
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Hi Charlie,
Unless you can hook up a water softener there is no way to prevent this. I bet rain-x would help though, it sure can't hurt to give it a try.
Like the last person said squegee it off, or what we do is the last one to take a shower it's their job to wipe down the entire shower with a towell. I make sure I'm up first, make the coffee and shower. I never get stuck wipeing it off.

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #8
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Our stick house has a water softner so this is not a problem, thought maybe someone knew of some miracle solution that could be used to apply to the glass to prevent the water spots. Jerrie bought a squeegee for the Monty.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Yeah, it's the squeegy thing alright. Took Dianna nearly all our 45 years of marriage to retrain me, but it finally has happened. It not only eliminates the spots, but also reduces the evaporation and humidity, curbing mold and mildew. It's better for the moisture to go down the drain.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:24 AM   #10
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Back to the leak. Ours leaks too. One thing I did find, where the towel rack is attached to the door was not sealed and the water poured out when the shower head was pointed that way. The rubber at the bottom was also short on one side. Fixed the towel rack, but haven't found a way to fix the rubber. We are just careful to keep water directly off the door.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #11
SRD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #722
Hey guys,
our shower also leaked. We have a small access panel and everytime someone took a shower I would get a flashlight and try and figure out where it was leaking. I fianlly caulked the bottom joints of the brass trim brackets that holds the glss in place for the shower. The leaks stopped. Good luck, hope it helps.

Steve
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #12
Montana_3368
Established Member

M.O.C. #3368
We have been fulltiming now three years and the best thing we have found i "Simple Green" to remove the spots and lime, followed up by a coat or two of "Invisible Shield" Protector 2000....the secret of keeping them off the glass is the "Invisible Shield" easy to apply and lasts for months....After every couple showers just take you towel and wipe glass and it looks better than new..Siple green can be purchased at most chain grocery stores and the Invisible Shield is a little harder to find..I think Ace Hardware is where we got the last botle.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by accuprep

Hi Charlie,
Unless you can hook up a water softener there is no way to prevent this. I bet rain-x would help though, it sure can't hurt to give it a try.
Like the last person said squegee it off, or what we do is the last one to take a shower it's their job to wipe down the entire shower with a towell. I make sure I'm up first, make the coffee and shower. I never get stuck wipeing it off.

Bill
Montana_3368 is offline   Reply With Quote