Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2004, 08:59 AM   #1
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Steps for QuestR2000 Sound

Hi Everyone,
After almost 8 hrs of screwing around I called dealer, was referred to Service Dept., they gave me the Keystone service hotline for dealers (800-425-4369). Hotline gave me Quest (part of Odessy Group) mgr. (574-848-2294)and he sent me to Dave Churchel & John Huston, Technicians (574-848-2277 ext 186). Dave & John took me through it step by step (Dave said "throw the book out!"). So here it is:
1. Go to setup then to Audio & down to Speaker set up.
Highlite: down mix - OFF (yes off to get Pro logic II)
speakers - SMALL (this only refers to speaker size)
subwoofer - ON
test tone - OFF
dialog - 10 (depends on if u want to wake up the
neighborhood
2. Back to audio set up & down to Dolby Digital - highlite STEREO
Dynamic Range - OFF
3. Back to audio (DON'T TOUCH CHANNEL DELAY) to 3D Processing
scroll up to Pro Logic II - Highlite ON
You now have surround sound!

We put "Top Gun" DVD 5.1 in & it does work, but I though it would have been more dynamic. CD Billy Ocean's "Ultimate Collection" was fantastic all the way around - 5 speakers + bedroom. Maybe I should have left the thing goofed up!
Hope this info helps. I think the buyer shouldn't have to go through this BS. The technician said they have lost count on all the
compaints about the set up. It all boils down to communication and these young nerds forget that most of us are not savvy when it comes to this type of stuff!

syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:14 AM   #2
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Syplace,

Well I swore I was not going to touch this stero again, but I printed out you instructions and will give it a try later and come back to thank you if it works for me. At this point I can't imagine using the word "fantastic" to describe any sound that comes out of this system

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 04:17 AM   #3
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Thanks for the info I have just been living with bad sound so now when I get home from WORK I will give it a try and maby my bad ears will hear some good sound Thanks
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:54 AM   #4
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Syplace,

Well thank you very much for posting this. I just got off the phone with John Houston and it has been determined that I do indeed have a defective Quest.

The problem is The Pro Logic II will not highlight. The highlight bar is underneath the worlds instead of over them and I cann't not turn it on.

The Pro Logic II is what makes the rear speakers work!

He spent a lot of time with me and did not have much good to say about The QuestQR1000. He says the QR2000 is more user friendly system.

So I guess I'll give Keystone a call and inquire about a replacement. At least I know I can stop fooling with this one, because John says there is no way to make it work without being able to highlight and turn on Pro Logic II.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:02 AM   #5
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Miss Montana, did you set the down mix to OFF? This has to be off for you to go to 3D Processing and scroll up to Pro Logic II. Hope this helps.
Good luck.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:08 AM   #6
Montana_907
Established Member

M.O.C. #907
Does anyone have the this problem? After leaving the Quest box off for a few weeks, when I turn it on to use the DVD player, it asks for a password. I have never set it up for password protection. Luckily the password is in instruction book. If you have had the problem, have you been able to stop it?
Montana_907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:16 AM   #7
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Fla,
I had the QuestR1000 and it had to be replace. I now have the QuestR2000 and it works fine..
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #8
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Just 148,

That's the direction I'm going in. I followded syplaces's advice and it actually did seem to be set, although very poor sound even with the rear speakers, but if I turn the system off all is lost.

I'm tired of fooling with it. It's going on my warranty list for Keystone and I'll deal with it when I have time. Right now I'm dealing with the converter and leaks. Giving up on the Quest 1000.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:32 AM   #9
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Fla, On the leakage in the bed room I have the same problem. I checked the out side seal and down spout then went in side place the flash light by the seal and saw that the water was backing into the floor area. I will be placing a flaxabe peace of rubber in the area of the lower seal and see if that works. Will keep you posted on my progress.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fla native

Just 148,

That's the direction I'm going in. I followded syplaces's advice and it actually did seem to be set, although very poor sound even with the rear speakers, but if I turn the system off all is lost.

I'm tired of fooling with it. It's going on my warranty list for Keystone and I'll deal with it when I have time. Right now I'm dealing with the converter and leaks. Giving up on the Quest 1000.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:31 AM   #10
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
I gave up on my Quest 1000 and yanked it out. Replaced with a Panasonic with similar features. Now easy to use and configure and the audio quality much better. Used same original speakers, sold the Quest with the Pansonic speakers to a guy in Arizona. He wanted it for his house.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:40 AM   #11
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
w4nfr,

may I ask what model Panasonic your purchased and where?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:07 PM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Just to let you all know, I was still adjusting the settings on the dvd player and found the under the set up menu under speakers I think the pro logic option. It comes from Keystone with the pro logic turned off which will not allow cd's to play through all five speakers. I turned mine to auto for both cd and dvd and holy cow. For the first time in 4 months of owning the coach I have sound from all five speakers. And the dvd's are even better, watched the Matrix and WOW what a difference. Just thought I would pass this on incase some of you have not been able to get this dvd to sound right.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:24 AM   #13
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
The Panasonic Model SA-HT650 is what I used as a replacement unit. It is a 5-DVD/CD Home Theater and has a total output of 500 watts. Also has a headphone output for private listening! Easy to use and seems to be reliable. I know Keystone saves money by supplying the Off-the-wall stereos, but personally I would rather pay a little extra for a good name brand unit.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote