Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
From a Friend to my Friends

.....a reminder from a MOC Friend!

READ THIS VERY SLOWLY... IT'S PRETTY PROFOUND.

Too many people put off something that brings them joy just because they haven't thought about it, don't have it on their schedule, didn't know it was coming or are too rigid to depart from their routine.

I got to thinking one day about all those people on the Titanic who passed up dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back. From then on, I've tried to be a little more flexible.

How many women out there will eat at home because their husband didn't suggest going out to dinner until after something had been thawed? Does the word 'refrigeration' mean nothing to you?

How often have your kids dropped in to talk and sat in silence while you watched 'Jeopardy' on television?

I cannot count the times I called my sister and said 'How about going to lunch in a half hour?' She would gas up and stammer, 'I can't. I have clothes on the line. My hair is dirty. I wish I had known yesterday, I had a late breakfast, It looks like rain' And my personal favorite: 'It's Monday.' She died a few years ago. We never did have lunch together.

Because Americans cram so much into their lives, we tend to schedule our headaches.. We live on a sparse diet of promises we make to ourselves when all the conditions are perfect!

We'll go back and visit the grandparents when we get Steve toilet trained We'll entertain when we replace the living room carpet. We'll go on a second honeymoon when we get two more kids out of college.

Life has a way of accelerating as we get older. The days get shorter, and the list of promises to ourselves gets longer. One morning, we awaken, and all we have to show for our lives is a litany of 'I'm going to,' 'I plan on,' and 'Some day, when things are settled down a bit.'

When anyone calls my 'seize the moment' friend, she is open to adventure and available for trips. She keeps an open mind on new ideas. Her enthusiasm for life is contagious. You talk with her for five minutes, and you're ready to trade your bad feet for a pair of Roller blades and skip an elevator for a bungee cord.

My lips have not touched ice cream in 10 years. I love ice cream. It's just that I might as well apply it directly to my stomach with a spatula and eliminate the digestive process. The other day, I stopped the car and bought a triple-decker. If my car had hit an iceberg on the way home, I would have died happy.

Now...go on and have a nice day. Do something you WANT to...not something on your SHOULD DO list. If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Make sure you read this to the end; you will understand why I sent this to you.

Have you ever watched kids playing on a merry go round or listened to the rain lapping on the ground? Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight or gazed at the sun into the fading night? Do you run through each day on the fly? When you ask 'How are you?' Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head? Ever told your child, 'We'll do it tomorrow...' And in your haste, not see his sorrow? Ever lost touch? Let a good friendship die? Just call to say 'Hi'?

When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift....Thrown away..... Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

It's National Friendship and FAMILY WEEK Show your friends how much you care. Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND. If it comes back to you, then you'll know you have a circle of friends.

To those I have sent this to... I cherish our friendship and appreciate all you do.

'Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!'

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
How true! Thanks Robbie,it makes you stop and think!
Jack and Terry
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Sure got me to thinking, Thanks Robbie.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:09 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Much wisdom there.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Thanks, Robbie!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I'm hurrying as fast as I can, I promise! Putting off the decision to sell the house wasn't a good one, given the state of the economy now. However, it is on the market and we are ready to go when and if it sells. My mom and dad traveled all over the world, but kept putting off a trip to the Panama Canal, a trip my father would especially have loved. You know what happened--within a month of deciding to finally go, he passed away unexpectedly. That was a major missed "one day" thing. But in my mind, it's the little thing we miss more when the opportunities are no longer there: watching bluebird eggs hatch, discussing the best decorations for mud pies with my grandkids, etc. I must say I don't miss too many small moments because I'm ready to drop anything I'm doing to spend time with family or friends.

Now, if we could only sell our home . . . (another prospect is coming on Wednesday, so there is hope).
Carolyn

Still camped at Clark Canyon Reservoir for the Labor Day weekend:

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Robbie!
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
AMEN!!!!
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Robbie: The urge to send this back to you via a PM is great. Must fight the urge.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
kipandbob
Established Member

M.O.C. #9500
Robbie & Alice,

A timely & apropos message. Thank you for "the reminder."

-Bob
kipandbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigmurf

Robbie: The urge to send this back to you via a PM is great. Must fight the urge.
....might be that tongue-'n-cheek thing again.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #12
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Last year my 83 year old uncle passed away unexpectantly in his sleep. Earlier that day, he bought a very expensive steak and brought it home apologizing to his wife for the extravagance. Aunt Betty says, boy was it delicious and did he ever enjoy it! It may seem like a little thing, but this came to mind when reading this. They never had a lot of money, but he always loved his wife, his family, his friends and his church. He was one of the happiest people I have ever known. He always took pleasure from the little things in life.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Robbie-----Good stuff.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #14
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
very profound advice, live like you may be dieing cause we all are, just don`t know when. I`m goin to spend the day with our kids n grandkids and friends just cause we can. Thanks Robbie for the good stuff!
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #15
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We should all reread it periodically as a reminder. Thanks
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #16
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Words to live by. My DW always posts things such as this on the fridge and encourages all to read them often. Now let's all DANCE!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #17
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Robbie and Alice,

That was a great reminder to all of us. We printed it and will keep it to reread every once in awhile. Watching my mother grow older and weaker is sad, but as she has said, her journey has been a great one and she sure has danced!!!

Thanks you two!
GOFNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #18
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Robbie,
We did not get the chance to stop and meet you but the wave and flash back brought me smiles for days, in fact now when I think about it I still smile.
Thanks for the information, may we all stop and actually see our "world" we live in.
How good it is to stop and put your feet up.
Chet
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote