Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Who says the housing market is slow????

I sold my house woooo hooooo.It was only listed for 5 weeks.A nice young couple bought it.The key I truely believe for me in selling so quickly was I had it priced right.Plus I don`t have the hassale of dealing with getting rid of all my stuff.The new owner wants and is happy as heck to keep all the furnishings.Every thing down to the dishes and silerware.The closing date is still up in the air.But were figuring the end of july or early august.

OMG I guess this makes me a "fulltimer" In as the Montana will be my only home.My boss was kind enough to let me camp out at work until I retire October 1st.Don`t know if I`am more excited about selling the home so quickly,retiring or living in the Montana 24/7.Then its off to florida.No more snow shovels,thermal underware,heavy work boots.I can finally get the cop webs off my golf clubs.Excited about that also.37 years at the same job and I can tell you all right now even though October isn`t here yet I won`t miss working one darn bit.

John

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Congratulations! 37 years at the same job is incredible, you were just a young buck when you started.

Have fun on the road, and in Florida. Take is slow and easy and see everything!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
John, That is some great news. You have good reason to be excited Hopefully you will, once again, be able to make it to a rally or 2 and don't forget the Florida Rally at the Tampa RV show in January.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Congratulations, John! We're still waiting for our house to sell...been on the market since October. Hope to join you as a fulltimer soon. Safe travels, and hope to meet up with you sometime soon.
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:45 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Come on in, the water's fine. So glad you are getting to do what you have wanted. We are visiting an Escapees park in upper Washington where everyone is a full timer, but many have stopped traveling much. A happier, friendlier group you would be hard pressed to find. There are great places to see and fine folk to meet. Happy full timing.....................
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #6
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
Congrats on your house selling and your pending retirement. Our house in Oregon was on the market for 2 yrs finally sold last month for WAY less then what we wanted but what do you do. Happy trails
cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote