Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2005, 11:48 PM   #61
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I want to jump in here with the rest and thank FORUMCO and the ADMIN and MOD for the great support. I like the number idea and the MOC-number on the posts is great.
Good luck and tow safe.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:12 AM   #62
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The size of the numbers are not all that important..We have 2 inch by 2 inch letters on our unit and they can seen for a good distance.Real big letters look kind of tacky on the unit. Never mind picking the numbers up as you are closing with another unit on the road.Closing speed to fast, distance on interstates, and it is downright hazardous.We just used regular house address numbers picked up at Home Depot.Been on the camper for 4 or 5 years and they still look good.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:26 AM   #63
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The only thing we now need is a numerical listing of what number belongs to which MOCer. If someone sees MOC-420 headed the opposite way down the road how do they discover who MOC-420 is?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:50 AM   #64
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Finding the ID of MOC-420 should be no problem We'll soon have that number and the number of several other prominent posters memorized. The real problem is finding the MOC numbers of the rest of the members. I'm sure if we are patient, Forumco will come up with a way to do this. Meanwhile, this latest innovation is great!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:05 AM   #65
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Well, as far as generating a nice list just go look at the "Members" list. You can already get an alphabetical list of all the members. If ForumCo could just add a member ID column and allow a "Member ID sort", then we would have it made.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:34 AM   #66
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
How to find the member once you know the MOC number was posted on page 1 on this thread by H.John Kohl MOC-311.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 AM   #67
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Understand that process and have already used it. Think that Glenn may want a numerical list from #1---whatever so that all he has to do is check the list and go down til he finds which member name is listed next to #3333. But I'm not picky--I'm already happy with the wealth of identifying material which more than meets my needs at the moment.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:23 PM   #68
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
What you could do is write down all the numbers that are here on the forum and their user names or regular name and make document with that. I realize you won't get all but you will get a lot that are on here most of the time.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #69
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
My thanks to everyone also. Some really great ideas that are taking place.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:27 PM   #70
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Someone with lots of time could make an Excel spreadsheet or even an Access database with all the numbers and names and then share it with everyone. I could do this but not for a few months yet. I have way to many projects that have been waiting for "when I retire".
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #71
Montana_1197
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1197
I just finished putting my MOC# on the 5er. I put "MOC 1197" front and back. I used 3" black vinyl peel-and-stick letters. The ones I chose are the letters only, when you peel it off there's no rectangular border around the number or letter, just the letter itself. I got the letters at Lowe's for .54 cents each. They're located where the mailboxes are. On the back of the trailer they're centered a couple of inches above the rear window and below the center group of clearance lights. On the front cap they're on the drivers side just below the single clearance light and above the word "Montana". Sound like a plan?
Montana_1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #72
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
I saved the list of MOC members and numbers in an Excel spreadsheet. If you do a "find" by the number, you will get the name. If you would like a copy, let me know. (Only took three minutes thanks to having the list provided.)
Happy trails..............
Old 08-28-2005, 03:34 AM   #73
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Thanks RamBigSky for the list of MOC names and numbers in RV Buddy's, Stats etc. That should be very easy to copy and work with on my computer.

Isn't it neat how things just seem to happen here at the MOC family. We have so many talented people that come up with great ideas and others that can just make them happen.
Thanks to Don (my neighbor) for coming up with the idea also. Now if I can just get my numbers on right side up and fairly straight!
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:07 AM   #74
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Sue and Ed (Parrothead) Can you email me a copy at wweaver@netzero.com
Would appreciate it.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:48 AM   #75
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
If it hasn't already been said in this thread or the Montana flag thread, how about adding our MOC numbers to the MOC flag? There are various ways it could be done. With adhesive numbers from Walmart or others, embroidered. air brushed, or whatever. Would work great in a campground............not so good on the road!
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #76
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I have a cousin who has a sewing machine that she can program and am going to ask her to put our number on it. I had
Sue send me the list. Thanks Sue Great job.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #77
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Fabric paint or stencil would also work. I found some fabric paint when I was cleaning out my craft stuff so I'm going to try that.
Ron I bet your cousin could make some money putting our numbers on!
Happy trails......................
Old 08-31-2005, 04:48 AM   #78
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
Most any sign shop can produce a small sign for you made from Vinyl, and generated by their computer. Most pleasure boats require a registration number on the hull, and most sign shops are familiar with this. They are typically 2-3 inches high.

Application is a snap, especially something this small, and you wind up with a very professional looking job!!

Keep in mind that if you choose to remove this later, no doubt there will a color difference where the letters blocked out the sun's UV rays.
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:29 AM   #79
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Observation on the member list spreadsheet. It is a snapshot of the members at a specific point in time.New members sign on every week.Is someone going to take on the task of updating the spreadsheet and sending it out..Are we asking to much of some folks already. I just saved my profile URL in my favorites and IF I want to look up number I will just change the number and the member pops up. No worry about updateing the list...Lets not get to complicated here.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:12 AM   #80
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Rich
I've emailed the spreadsheet to about a dozen members. I'm assuming they will keep it up to date themselves. I've put new members since the first listing on today but anyone who already has it can do it. It isn't hard. Your idea is great also. As was the Word suggestion. Whatever works - works. If members are deleted, I hope we are told. The list here on the forum is updating so it is an easy copy and paste.
Happy trails........................