Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
fuorerh

M.O.C. #12862
Rear stabilizers won't work

While setting up one night, tried to run front jacks with switch and rear stabilizers with remote at same time. Since then unable to put down rear stabilizers using switch or remote. All other functions (front stabilizers, awning etc.) work with either switches or remote.
Have 2011 Montana 3100 FW. Unable to find 6 amp fuse to rear stabilizers that Lippert Company says Keystone probably installed. Was on extended trip, Dealer and manufacturer gave no help. Appreciate any help with this.

fuorerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
While on our trip last summer, DW decided to lower the awning at the same time I was using the remote to lower the rear stabilizers. After that the awning would only work with the remote. I removed the wall panel with the awning, lighting, and slide functions. I found a printed circuit board that was in the wall about 6 or 7 inches below the panel. It was fried. I had it replaced and that solved the problem. It looked like a circuit to prevent voltage feedback but it didn't work.

I'm thinking that you have have a similar failure.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
JacknBetsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7632
We have a 2009 3400 with a similar problem. No power to the rear stabalizer switch. Where does the power come from? Is there an inline fuse? If so, where is it? Any help is appreciated.
JacknBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
fuorerh

M.O.C. #12862
Thanks for the input. I took the wall plate apart and did not find anything other than wires. Did further testing at motor on rear stabilizer. Hooked up 12 volt power directly to motor wires, no movement. Motor is dead. Did find that if I push switch there is 12 volt coming into motor so all is well in the control panel. Will start process to get new motor. Not sure if I can direct from Lippert Co. If any one knows best place to get one, please advise.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Get it rebuilt if possible from our local auto and truck electric company. They rebuilt ours, because water ha entered the motor and rusted the brushes, for an hour of labor, which was $99. Lippert wants over $500.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
fuorerh

M.O.C. #12862
Thanks for that suggestion. It was what I was leaning towards after seeing the factory price. I have thought about asking Montana dealer or Lippert Company to see if they would cover under warranty (am over the one year by a month), but I think our local electrical repair shop would be easier and quicker. I will post what the results are later.