Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
homendn
Established Member

M.O.C. #6008
Send a message via ICQ to homendn Send a message via Yahoo to homendn
Counter top cleaning

Good Afternoon from HOT SOCAL. I have a question about Shining the counter tops in my 3295RK. One of the deciding factors for purchasing this new baby was the Faux Corian counters. Cuts way down on weight and looks just as nice.

My question is - What products do you use to make it look shiney? Or do you? I have so far cleaned mine with 409, Simple Green and Windex. I know it is Clean - it knows it is clean - but when you stand back and look - all you can see is the dull surface and streaks!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Dave Homen - Sweating in SOCAL!!

homendn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Dave,

Sorry I can't say what'll make it shine. (Only what scratches it. I try to do better about having a non-counter surface to cut things on....)

You could try Lowes or Home Depot, since they carry counter tops. Maybe bring one of your sink covers in with you so they know what you've got. And do hope you get one of their experienced troops to talk to.

Or, just wait a little while and another member or more will let you know their secret. That NEVER fails!

Welcome, BTW.

Steve

P.S.

Sweating here in southern Alabama. And I do believe everywhere except Alaska is hitting records!

This too shall pass....

S.
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Hi, we have the same countertop. Just love it. Infact the counter top is suppose to be dull, but I have found that after a year of cleaning/wiping with windex it is starting to shine. So give it some time it will soon shine.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
homendn
Established Member

M.O.C. #6008
Send a message via ICQ to homendn Send a message via Yahoo to homendn
Thanks to both. I will keep cleaning and see how it goes. I do like the idea of taking one of the sink covers in. Might give them a challenge and chuckle!! I have had my trailer about three and a half days now - we are planning a trip this weekend or next so may get a chance to use that Beautiful kitchen of mine.

Dave
homendn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
As stated on the instructions for cleaning the countertops, they are not suppose to shine. I've posted the instructions several times in the past for the people that did not get instructions.
From another SOCAL HOT person, but we are leaving in the morning for cooler climates! Yeah!
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote