Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Road trip!

Even high-schoolers love the sound of those two words, the thought of adventure, new sights and sounds, the excitement the thought conjures up.
In two hours, my countdown clock will click from 5 month’s 2 hrs 29 minutes and 44 seconds, to the 4th month.
Wow, only 4 months to go. I remember clearly when it was 8 months. Time does fly.
Early mornings are the time of clearest reflection of our past travels, the quick flashes of places we visited, scenery along the road, the wonderful diversity of people we ran into.
It’s becoming harder and harder for me stay concentrated on my HVAC business, I find myself delegating more and more work to the young man that will be taking over. Yesterday, I turned over a half-completed job to him so I could rush home and finish wiring my battery bank on the Montana. Today it is raining, I always keep a schedule of ‘Inside work’ on it for rainy days, I will be out there all day wiring and finishing projects. I do have a bid for a new system I need to go on at 1:00, but after that, back to work on the Monte.
Sue and I talk about travel every evening at dinnertime, we can’t wait to get hook up, start the truck, look at each other and say “Road trip”!!

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Have you decided on the itinerary for your bon voyage?
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yes Pat, we are leaving Knasas City Missouri, over to Kansas on the Kansas Turnpike and swing South to Oklahoma City, then West, young woman, West!
Where the air is dry, the Pine trees are green and the Cacti are prickly...
Old 04-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Have you taken your temperature? Sounds like you have the Travel fever or at least the Montana itch.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL Stiles... Whatever it is I hope Ozz doesn't scratch it with a prickly cactus... A pine cone works better. Just make sure to remove any sap.

With watching the grandson every week we've been anchored for a while. We've been taking our trips by car or train and very soon, my feet (backpacking trips). We've gone back to primitive camping styles. But I say the worse days of enjoying the outdoors are still better than even the best days of golf (unfortunately, I've never had one, and being retired, I don't work much either)
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Hitch Itch ? :-)
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I like this quote:
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz I am with you!! If the test will let me we are headed out right after to la to see GS then north to South dakota then left to LV maybe death valley and turn east back to GC and tex and then who knows? I love that quote.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scductman

Ozz I am with you!! If the test will let me we are headed out right after to la to see GS then north to South dakota then left to LV maybe death valley and turn east back to GC and tex and then who knows? I love that quote.
Bobby
Bobby, I wish you well, you are on the top of my 'must meet' list. let's make it happen.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz if all goes well maybe June. will try to make it happen!
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote