Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
timbuktu78
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3641
Everrett, WA

I am considering taking orders to Naval Station Everrett, WA but can't seem to find a military rv park near by using the militarycampgrounds.us website. Does anyone have knowledge of a civilian rv park in the area suitable for a full timer to live at?

Thanks,
Tim

timbuktu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
ExPatNW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10319
I live just south of Everett, so I don't actually camp here. But I did a search around for public campgrounds and the choice is not great. There are a few on SR99 - south of Everett from where the Naval station is by about 6-7 miles. There are also a few north - but probably further than those to the south.

The ones on SR99 are called, Harbour Point RV Park, Lakeside RV Park, Maple Grove RV Park and Twin Cedars RV Park (which is a little further away).
I have no experience of any of these - perhaps others on here have and can give you advice.

Good luck.
ExPatNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I stayed at Twin Cedars RV Park this summer and I probably won't return. It is less expensive than other alternatives (around $30/night). But it is an old park, the roadways are tight, and the spaces are very narrow. They say they will accommodate up to a 40' rig, but I would be very afraid. And your neighbors are very close if you have more than two slides. I had set up the RV in our space when we discovered the MH next door couldn't close his door (it was open when we arrived) as it hit our slide. I had to move the RV over 6" for him. Consequently, when exiting our rig (a 2955 with the rear door) we had to dodge the other neighbors power pole and their sewer connection.

Take a look with Google Earth at this park. I think it will be obvious.

I would suggest Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell as a much better park, albeit more expensive.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote