Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #21
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by footloose

We have crossed several times and had no probems. This year we crossed north of Shelby, Montana. The Lewis and Clark RV Park in Shelby rents lockers where you can leave firearms, ammo, liquor, etc. The price for the locker this year was $20/month or portion thereof. That worked well for us.
Dick and sharon
Thanks Footloose, for the locker storage info at the border for things not legal to cross into Canada. It came up in conversation the other day. Thanks again!

Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #22
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
We were concerned about crossing the border the last two years with our aging dog. It was a simple matter of going to the vet for a check up/shot update if needed and he filled out a certificate of health which was good for two years. Handed that to the agent at the border, who looked at it, handed it back and said hello to the dog allowing us to enter Canada. Very similar story coming back. Only concerns they told me they have with RV's is because we usually haul our own food. Most concerned with transporting fruit over the border. We just waited till we crossed and then loaded up on fruit and produce. Very easy and painless procedure.
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #23
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
In re-reading my post, it might not be quite clear. The charge for the locker is $20. The charge is good for a month. We weren't gone for a month, but we still had to pay $20. We thought it was a bargain.
Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #24
sola123
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10136
We were searched from one end to the other on both the truck and 5er...maybe it had something to do with me being in LE ( have a lic plate indicating state police alumni)and they figured I had to have something somewhere...which we did not...but it took about 45 minutes at the border to get thru...no problem coming back....we will be going again in 2011..crossed in new Brunswick as well...have fun...it is worth visiting...
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 AM   #25
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Our daughter and family were up visiting a few months ago. We were under the IMPRESSION, HAD BEEN TOLD BY FRIENDS children 15 and under did not need passports. Upon returning to US they were instructed in no uncertain terms the children must have passports regardless of age. I post this as a heads up from personal experience. ...do you suppose they would have made us keep the three grandkids here in Canada? Happy travels, crossing the border should be no more intimidating than renewing your drivers license, or having your yearly physical.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote