Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Washer Dryer Combo

I am considering an all in one washer dryer unit. Anyone out there have one????? What do you think about them???? Thanks, Marilyn

Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
we have a stack unit, Maytag Front Loading system, 220V dryer. Wouldn't be without it. Don't know about the single combo type, folks will be along in a bit to give you an opinion.. In the past I have read that those that have them like them fine except it takes so long for a wash then dry cycle.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
I have a Splendide 2100XC. Love it. Love it. Cleans well. Does the job nicely. I was skeptical at first about one of these all in one units, but no more. You can set it to wash then automatically kick over to dry. Or, if you are like me, you can complete the wash, then remove anything you want to hang then start the dry cycle. The manufacturer's book recommends Splendide laundry detergent. Camping World wants my first born for shipping, so we just use Liquid Tide for front loaders. Any liquid (as long as it's for front loaders I reckon) will be just fine.

BTW, we full time and I WILL NOT use a public laundry facility. I'm just a stickler and that's just me. This machine has done a fabulous job and I am more than pleased with it with all of the laundry - clothes, towels, sheets, bedding, etc.
I give this machine 2 thumbs up.
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
We also have the Splendide 2100 in our unit and was amased on how well it works. We would recommend it to anyone considering a washing machine. It fits nice up in the from right under the TV. And we pick up our laundery detergent right at CW, We are lucky we have a CW near by
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Marilyn, we also have the Splendide 2100 and are very pleased with it. You might want to check out the topic above about w/d's and get even more opinions about them.
on edit, Patti uses the same detergent that she uses in the stick house, nothing special.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
There has been much posted on this subject. Try a search to see if you can get more info. We have the 2100, would not be without it as full timers. We use powdered Tide and have no problems. If you use the recommended amount there is not excessive suds. I use the bleach function on occasion and always use a liquid fabric softener. Nice thing is everything is right here and we can go on about our activities (even enjoying an adult beverage) while the laundry gets done.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
What I have learned about front load washers is that it takes half as much soap to do the same job as a top loader. We have stackables so I cannot compare the two. We choose the stackable Splendid so that when we were drying a batch, we could be washing a batch. You can't do that with a combination unit. Just remember when you use a regular detergent to try half as much until you are sure how much you can use.

Edited: The information on the amount of soap was in the user guide.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #8
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
I just finished installing a 2100 in our Monty today. DW hasn't tried it out yet, but I am sure she will like it a lot better than using a public laundry. We would have preferred a stacked unit, but only have room for a combo, so that is what we got. If you do get one, be sure to get a drain pan installed under it.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
JLeach
Established Member

M.O.C. #8145
We have the Splendide 2100XP also and are very pleased with it. We are workamping at the Grand Canyon for 3 months and it is so convenient to be able to do my laundry "at home". The capacity isn't large so I put in a load every day. This works out great because I can put it in before we go off to work and it's done when we get back.

For wrinkle control, it is better to remove your clothes and hang them as soon as the dry cycle finishes. I can do this sometimes and when I can't, I just get my iron out.

I've been using 1 Tbsp of ALL concentrated detergent and a fabric softener, works great.

J&W
JLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
No drain pan here and in 4 years have not had a need for one. They are so shallow they would not hold much.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Another vote for the Splendide...if you opt for it, get the bigger of the two.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #12
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We have a Splendide 2100 and it does a great job. We haven't used it that much yet but we hate Laundromats so we got the combo.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
We had a single unit. It came in handy. One tip that worked for us. It will wash more than it can dry. If you fill the tub to wash then at drying time take some of the items out and the remainder won't wrinkle as bad.

Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote