Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Brad, I will take a picture of the back of the monitor mounting, as in most support structures, it isn't pretty, but it's hid behind the monitor. The wedge design doesn't hurt the truck plastic, and is removable without screw holes.
And....Like Orv stated, it's so easy, even a Cave Man can do it!
Ozz
Oh, we have one of those floor mounted trays and cup holders for extra water, it also holds my Cobra hand held mike-control head when not in use.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #22
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
I bought the Wally world wireless unit,for security purposes. I have the 3670RL 2003 model, and mounted it over the bedroom window on the right side of the camper. I have it aimed at the door and it works great. The wire goes though the window to power it. I put the receiver behind the Television, and plugged the wires into the video inputs on the front of the television. I just hit the button on the tele that turns on the front input and I see everything and hear it...in living color believe it or not. I can even add 3 more cameras on the same receiver, but you have to switch cameras manually, and would have to put the receiver where you can get at the channel switch. Very simple install. I also bought a DVD player at the same time to use as a small monitor for in the truck but found out the jacks on that were for output only. I will be taking it back to wally world. Contact me if anybody needs more info..Rog
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Montana Rog: Before you invest much more time and effort into trying to develope a wireless system using the Wally World wireless cameras and a 12V DVD player ... here's what I ran into. As you've already experienced ... not all 12V DVD players have the needed connections. The camera uses up the 9 volt battery pretty quick unless you wire a 12V plug near the back of your fiver and use the 9V adaptor. Although your security setup with maybe a 10' transmission distance works well , when you try using it as a rear view camera the 45' plus distance coupled with the aluminum fiver frame and the metal cab of the truck just creates too much interference. I had a good picture, no picture, part of a picture while traveling down the highway. Around town, the traffic lights and other electrical disturbances pretty much rendered it useless. I did get a great view from time to time of someones backyard as the home monitors frequencies were the same as the cameras! As I mentioned earlier, I tried a higher end wireless setup from HitchAid, but after the manufacturer agreed that with my application it just wasn't working as advertised ... it was returned for a full refund.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #24
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Hi Dieselguy.

I have only used it for security on the door. It works great so far. But I will be taking the DVD player back. I like the wireless camera, because I have the power run off the transformer, so batteries are not an issue while at a park. Thanks for your input! Rog
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote