Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
San Antonio to Cambria, WI

Have a pup in training in Cambria, WI. Hope to take a road trip to retrieve her in mid March to early April. Will be taking DW, our other dog, and our cat along. The farthest north I have been in the central U.S. is central Kansas. We would like to keep our driving to 300-350 miles per day. Would greatly appreciate advice regarding best route and recommended campgrounds. We would want full hookups every night and of course pet friendly. We will take our time traveling up so would appreciate any sites of interest along the way as well. TIA.

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:47 PM   #2
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21053
We live near SA and go up to the Upper Penninsula of Michigan frequently to see daughters. We stay at KOAs in Texarkana, near Memphis, Bloomington, IL and DeForest WI near Madison. That puts you right at about the mileage you want to drive a day. If you take an extra day by Memphis, you can sightsee that city. I like KOAs because they are usually easy to make reservations on line and have good hookups with lots of pull through sites.
Jacksonville, FL
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:51 PM   #3
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Take I35 to Des Moines, Ia. Then on I80 to Davenport and North on 61 to Dubuque, IA. Then 151 to Madison. I am not familiar with the best route from there.

Use campgroundreviews.com to check on features of any campgrounds you are looking at along the way. I pretty much want 50 amp in the summer and wifi at least every other night. Sometimes the reviews mention whether the CG has good wifi or not.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #4
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Ray and Cindy: I sent you a PM. If you did not get it please let me know. Thanks.
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote