Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
Gubs
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27658
shades in a 2020 3121RL

Sorry, but I hate these shades, nice when they work, but they do seldom work well and getting parts is a joke! Has anyone tried to replace them with day/night shades or any other sort of shade. We have one in the bedroom over the headboard that has never been right and the dealer is at his wits end trying to get parts to fix it and I'm will past my wits end with it.Finally just pull it down and stick a pin in it to hold it until we are ready to leave! Not the most convenient, however functional. Did learn to NEVER travel with the shades down, that is a no, no for sure, however we learned that the hard way also. Had a number of little issues so far but nothing huge so that is good. Wife thinks we got a lemon since a number of little things are showing up that require fixing but as long as those huge major things don't jump up I'm a happy camper!

Larry & Marilyn Gubbels
2019 F-350 Diesel 4X4, Short Bed, BW 18K slider,
closely followed by a 2020 Montana 3121RL
Gubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
We now have a couple out in our 2020 unit as well.

They are ISD shades (I believe). Others have said that they will send you parts. I emailed them, and I haven't heard boo, so you're right, getting parts, is a mess. I'd be fine with just up / down shades. Forget all of the fancy slow rolling crap...
Old 06-12-2021, 09:07 PM   #3
Jfs

M.O.C. #24979
I have also had problems with 3121rl 2020 since purchase 09/07/2019. Dealer wore me out with a bunch of nothing that went on until I came back home to OK from Rockport, TX 4 weeks ago. I called IDS and they gave me contact info foe a California and an Arizona distributor. I chose to work with theArizona Distributor. She FaceTimed me through all the shade problems, repair and parts. I have now fixed 7 of 10 myself very easy to do. Finally an end to an 18 mo. Problem.
JFS 2020 Montana 3121rl: Ford 2011 250 Diesel with Reese slider.
Jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #4
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfs View Post
I have also had problems with 3121rl 2020 since purchase 09/07/2019. Dealer wore me out with a bunch of nothing that went on until I came back home to OK from Rockport, TX 4 weeks ago. I called IDS and they gave me contact info foe a California and an Arizona distributor. I chose to work with theArizona Distributor. She FaceTimed me through all the shade problems, repair and parts. I have now fixed 7 of 10 myself very easy to do. Finally an end to an 18 mo. Problem.
JFS 2020 Montana 3121rl: Ford 2011 250 Diesel with Reese slider.
Did they give you the parts, or did you have to buy them? If you bought them, how much are they, and do you have the information on parts needed, and the contact info?

Thanks!!
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
Jfs

M.O.C. #24979
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
Did they give you the parts, or did you have to buy them? If you bought them, how much are they, and do you have the information on parts needed, and the contact info?

Thanks!!
They gave me the parts and called me so they could see exactly what was wrong. They walked me through fixing while on face time as well. No cost and sent me double faced roller tape as well as some end caps at no charge. I have since fixed easily all shades with issues…all but 3 and will redo those 3 before they fail. If you call, ask for Jackie or you may call me as well.
Old 06-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #6
Jfs

M.O.C. #24979
Smile

[QUOTE=Jfs;1224177]They gave me the parts and called me so they could see exactly what was wrong. They walked me through fixing while on face time as well. No cost and sent me double faced roller tape as well as some end caps at no charge. I have since fixed easily all shades with issues…all but 3 and will redo those 3 before they fail. If you call, ask for Jackie or you may call me as well. Jackie Mosley. +1 (602) 321-9986
Old 06-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
No, not a lemon. They all have issues when new. It takes about a year of using them to get all the problems flushed out and fixed. Before it's over, you'll feel like you've rebuilt the entire camper. But year two of ownership is much better because you'll have all these thing fixed. That's when the customization REALLY starts!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote