Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2024, 06:04 AM   #21
Zeke5977

M.O.C. #33824
Hi. I think you will find that the assembly in the DEF tank has failed. This unfortunately requires replacement of the whole tank assembly.

Zeke5977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 06:16 AM   #22
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
We have a 2020 f250 6.7l power stroke. At 36xxx we haven’t had a problem yet, but there was a recall on an emissions problem. The dealer said it was just a reprogram fix. There was also 2 other issues that I had fixed at the same time. We are happy with it so far.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:16 AM   #23
richeyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22661
We run a 2006 6.6 Chev Durmax pre DEF. It runs great and pulls even better.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:44 AM   #24
Scottdeb89
Established Member

M.O.C. #33617
Clean Diesel

[QUOTE=rickbecker;1286519]I have been a GMC person all my life. Current rig is 2013 Denali with the Duramax. Only problems with the truck have been emission control related. Have just started getting "Low quality Def fluid" warning on the panel and if I don't get it fixed the truck will go to limp mode (4mph). The def that I use is Blue Ice so doubt that quality is the real issue. I check born on dates on every box. Checking the internet this is no small problem to fix and pretty much requires dealer intervention. Don't even get a check engine code that can be cleared.

Can some of you chime in here and tell me how Ford and Dodge deal with emissions and do they even have "limp mode"?

Time for a new truck!!
Scottdeb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:46 AM   #25
Scottdeb89
Established Member

M.O.C. #33617
Any diesel vehicle that is depicted as a clean diesel and uses def fluid has a warning that comes up if the depth load is going to run out and a limp mode as if you turn the vehicle off once the dev fluid is empty it will not restart and it must be towed to a dealer and filled up and then they have to use the computer to tell it that it has that fluid and reset it. That is for all brand diesel trucks and it is a federal emissions law
Scottdeb89 is offline   Reply With Quote