Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #1
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
California State Campgrounds Closed

All state campground closed today until sometime in the future. Reservations are being refunded.
Parks.ca.gov

prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #2
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Same thing in Oregon. State parks closed effective April 2. My reservations for May 4-8 were recently cancelled.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
I've seen private campgrounds leased from counties closing. Big brother control once again. For some reason the gov thinks that shutting down campgrounds is helpful. People that depend on campgrounds may think otherwise. We are staying in private campgrounds currently and having less contact with others than staying at home.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:59 AM   #4
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
.................We are staying in private campgrounds currently and having less contact with others than staying at home.
Ditto...............Montana Man for now!!
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
I've seen private campgrounds leased from counties closing. Big brother control once again. For some reason the gov thinks that shutting down campgrounds is helpful. People that depend on campgrounds may think otherwise. We are staying in private campgrounds currently and having less contact with others than staying at home.
Campground closures are more to protect state and federal workers in those parks. Keep in mind most state parks are limited on full hook ups and many have none which means to be open they have to maintain common facilities like bathrooms and showers. One may ask well why can;t they close the bathrooms and showers, again Gov campgrounds have few full hookups and you cannot have a campground full of people crapping in the woods outside their RV or tent.

Whereas most private owned CG have full hookups which limits the exposure of staff and baths can be closed.

So I think the closures are warranted however maybe some parks with a majority of full hookups cold be opened...

Washington Parks closed yesterday so the entire cost is shut down right now.

I do not see how staying in an RV provides for better social distancing considering the confined space which requires more trips to the grocery store since your storage space is limited, also many to go out to do laundry. What contact you do have in a RV park you will be exposed to more people that you do not know unless you do not leave your tiny home. Smaller spaces when confined will have more negative physical and emotional impacts.

"We are staying in private campgrounds currently and having less contact with others than staying at home"

I think that is just not the case, but I am not saying you cannot be safe or better off either. Being near Seattle we are taking this seriously as we do know two people tested positive however. We simply do not allow any non family in our home. Even then it is only our children who are also staying confined. So I do not think an RV is nessasarily a safer environment then a stick home but it is all how you personally practice your distanceing
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #6
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

We simply do not allow any non family in our home. Even then it is only our children who are also staying confined. So I do not think an RV is nessasarily a safer environment then a stick home but it is all how you personally practice your distanceing
We know folks who lock down their kids as well. Then dad goes to work, mom goes to the store, only close family comes over...

In our case, we are not seeing the kids or grands while away. No different than any other road trip. We've actually shopped less while away. A plus is we get more exercise being outdoors than when staying at home. I'm not a worrier but am playing along with the rules of engagement.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #7
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
I'm not a worrier but am playing along with the rules of engagement.
And that's the key for all of us. Believe it or not, like it or not, the more that people will all maintain social distancing the sooner this thing could be over. People choosing to ignore mandated guidelines just screws it up for everyone.

There are a few videos explaining this but this is a good one

jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote