Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Burst hydraulic hose

Opened up the slides the other day, all went well until the last slide, it wouldn't totally open and seal. Checked the hydraulic reservoir and found fluid all over the front storage compartment. One of the bedroom slide hoses had burst! Easy to get to though and I am getting a replacement made up for me at a local hydraulic place. HOWEVER - my 3075 is only 16 months old so out of keystone warranty. Checked Lippert warranty and theirs is 3years and five years and will even send a tech out to repair if needed (I couldn't get the slides back in) Called them yesterday and they won't cover the hoses as Keystone install those!! They cover the metal hardware, gears, fluid tank, motor pump, and cylinder.(Read your Lippert warranty)
It was a strange leak - looks like the actual hose or the fitting leaked pumping fluid between the outer jacket and the hose proper. The outer jacket burst.
I am doing the change myself as it is easy to get to. I think it must be a bad crimp that leaked - anyone else out there had this??

markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
yes. We have the same leak as we speak. And you are correct Keystone does the hoses and fittings so they are not covered by Lippert. NAPA store has the were with all to do that repair..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I don't mean to take away from this thread but I was wondering about something. Is there a way to manually open or close the slides?

I was told about one manual hand crank but I'm thinking now that it is for the landing gear.

What if you are out in a park somewhere and this happens. How do you close the slides and get them to stay in?
Old 04-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
There is a by-pass system but it is only for when there is no power. You can hook up a drill to the pump but if you have no hydraulics???
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote