Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2023, 05:25 PM   #1
Thenningsen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28077
North American Fall Rally Amish Dinner Information and Volunteer Sign-up

We are excited to have the Amish dinner on 2 nights this year, Wed (9/13) & Thu (9/14). The dinner at the Carriage House is authentic Amish food prepared by Mrs. Jones and her family and served in a building on their farm.
Description of the dinner: The popular, belt-loosening Thresher’s Meal includes 2 meats (ham and roast beef), mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, buttered noodles, vegetables, Amish salad, and various homemade pies and ice cream. This meal is served family style with plenty of food for everyone.

Cost: The cost is $25.00/person which includes tax and tips. Please bring cash to pay for your meal when you check in during package pick-up at the rally. Bringing the exact amount of cash would be helpful. We cannot accept payment with checks or with credit cards.

Didn’t get signed up? If you’ve decided to go to the Amish dinner and did not include it in your original registration, you can edit your Rally registration at https://web.cvent.com/event/3d3ca2bf...3e0556/summary

Ticket: Tickets will be given out at package pick-up and must be taken to the dinner.

Want to volunteer at the dinner? We also need volunteers to help at The Carriage House. Couples are encouraged to sign up to help. Typically, the guys help with parking and the gals help with taking tickets and seating.

If you want to help, please use this link to sign up.
Volunteer Registration
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

Additional information will be included in this post as we get closer to the rally.

Coordinators- Jan & Paul Kelpe

Thenningsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
achieve42
Established Member

M.O.C. #19018
In my registration, it states that we are scheduled for the Amish dinner on 9/11?? Can you clarify please 1. that we are registered and 2. 9/11 is the correct date. Thanks!
achieve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:00 PM   #3
kroskes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27204
Question ..... a group of us have the Amish Dinner date of September 11; however, the above states 9/12 & 9/14 .....

can you please confirm.

than you.
kroskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:33 PM   #4
Tjvroeg
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24219
Filled out the Gooogle form to volunteer as a couple. Don’t really care which night we are assigned to but prefer to do this on same night as Kroske, Slater, Hoving, Linebaugh/Irigaray couples. Our registration says we are assigned to attend a 9/11 dinner??
Tjvroeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:42 PM   #5
Thenningsen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28077
Amish Dinner Assignments - Clarification

Assignments for the Amish dinner have not been made at this time. The date provided on the registration system is inaccurate because the schedule had not been confirmed when we began the registration process. Attendees will be assigned either Tuesday, September 12th or Thursday, September 14th. The date will consider other activities such as plant tours. We will also balance out the number of people attending each night. Attendees will get dinner assignments at packet pick-up.
Old 06-28-2023, 04:28 PM   #6
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Volunteers

We now have all the volunteers that are needed for the Amish Dinner. Thanks to all of you for volunteering. As the time nears I will be sending an email with information to the volunteers.
Also everyone that has signed up for the dinner should be watching for specific instructions that are needed prior to the dinner. These are very important.

Jan and Paul Kelpe
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 11:26 AM   #7
Thenningsen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28077
Date change for Amish Dinner 2023

Due to a scheduling conflict, the dates for the Amish dinner have changed to Wed (9/13) and Thur (9/14).

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2023, 10:41 AM   #8
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
volunteers list

I have the following names for Volunteers for the Amish Dinner. I can't tell you what night you will be working at this time. Those of you who asked to be together will be scheduled together. I will send you an email with instructions later. The dates are Sept 13 and 14.

Gaudy Mark / Karen
Chapin Ron and DiAnn
Davies Marcia and Sam
Stevens Brian and Cindy
Lichtenberg Ron and Mary
Voorhees Terry and Lynn
Saladino Jane & Joe
Slater HP & Diane
Kroske Sheri & Rick
Vroegindewey Jill and Terry
Linebaugh Nanci and Mike Irigaray
Koenig Klaus and Vicki Werley
Ziegler Donna
Kolling Randy & Deb
Snyder Jack & Jean
Utz Mark & Gail
Ames Ronald
Wainscott Joe and Cheryl

Thanks for Volunteering. At this time we have enough volunteers

Paul and Jan Kelpe
Old 07-18-2023, 11:23 AM   #9
kroskes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27204
Thank you Paul & Jan for the wonderful list of volunteers.

Unfortuanately - Joyce & Ron Hoving were ommited from the volunteer list. They would like to be group with Vroegindewey, Kroske, Slater & Linebaugh.

Thank you so much !
Old 07-18-2023, 02:58 PM   #10
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
sent you and email
Jan
Old 07-18-2023, 03:52 PM   #11
kroskes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27204
got it - and replied ! thank you Janice!
Old 07-18-2023, 04:55 PM   #12
TCmontana
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27810
Okay please forgive me as I haven’t been on this site for a long time. My wife passed away 18 months ago and this week was the first time I use my Montana, 3931fb since before her death. I never Thought I would do this with my two dogs and not her.

Having said this, are there any spots left for the Fall rally? If so how do I sign up for it and what are the dates, and where is it?

I am putting my life back together, slowly, and I think meeting some of you that I have talked to (not for a while) would be great.

I am also torn between keeping my rig, or sealing it. But as this is the first week I have taken it out, well I kind of like it. Also I think my wife would want me to be happy. Well I hope. Life has been challenging for me but my hope is that some on here can give me some guidance for the rally.

Thanks in advance. Hope to meet some of you.

Regards

Mark
TCmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 05:16 PM   #13
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCmontana View Post
Okay please forgive me as I haven’t been on this site for a long time. My wife passed away 18 months ago and this week was the first time I use my Montana, 3931fb since before her death. I never Thought I would do this with my two dogs and not her.

Having said this, are there any spots left for the Fall rally? If so how do I sign up for it and what are the dates, and where is it?

I am putting my life back together, slowly, and I think meeting some of you that I have talked to (not for a while) would be great.

I am also torn between keeping my rig, or sealing it. But as this is the first week I have taken it out, well I kind of like it. Also I think my wife would want me to be happy. Well I hope. Life has been challenging for me but my hope is that some on here can give me some guidance for the rally.

Thanks in advance. Hope to meet some of you.

Regards

Mark
Mark
You need to get put on the waiting list. Sending you a private message.
Thanks
Jean Ann
JAWatsonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 05:20 PM   #14
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
Please see the “Cvent Quick Reference Guide” attachment instructions on using the Cvent registration system and a direct link to register for the Rally.

The same info is found in this forum post - https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=89055

Thanks and hope to see you at the Rally!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MOC - 2023 - Cvent Quick reference guide+ (1).pdf (314.4 KB, 42 views)
JAWatsonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 01:55 PM   #15
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Important information for Amish Dinner attendees

It is important for all who have tickets for the Amish dinner to read the instructions and rules below. These instructions apply to both dinners, Wednesday, Sept 13 and Thursday, Sept . 14. You will get your ticket when you pay for your meal/meals when you pick up your packet. $25 each , cash only. Exact amount would be appreciated.

We have 2 different color Amish Dinner tickets, BLUE for Wednesday's meal and YELLOW for Thursday's meal. We will not accept tickets that are not color specific for the day that you arrive. If you would like to attend a different night, it is up to the individual to try to find someone willing to swap tickets with you. The best chances of being seated together is to arrive at the farm together, Truck-Pool. We will not allow holding of seats for your friends; all seats are filled in as you arrive. If you arrive at the farm with the incorrect color ticket, we cannot seat you.

We would appreciate that you all try to Truck-Pool (4 people) with a friend or neighbor to the Amish Dinner, so we can reduce the number of parking spaces needed and get everyone parked as quickly as possible. There is limited parking available at the farm which is why we have volunteers assigned to direct you to your parking space. This is a working farm, if you don’t follow the “parkers” instructions you could easily get stuck and cause damage to the farm’s operations!

For handicap parking, notify a volunteer upon arrival at the farm. For those of you who are handicapped the "parkers" will give you directions so you can drop off the individual and the people that are doing the parking will be happy to park your vehicle if the distance between the parking area and house are too far to easily walk. Free Valet Parking.

We ask that everyone arrive at the ECCC building front parking lot by than 3:45 PM and no later than 4:20 PM. There will be volunteers there to greet you and verify that everyone in each truck has the correct color ticket for each day’s dinner. These volunteers will also control the dispatch, releasing a specific number of trucks at 10–15-minute intervals. It is very important that everyone follow the instructions from these volunteers. Please don't go out early. Remember that you will be entering an area with very heavy Amish activity with horse and buggies, and with 20-25 pickup trucks waiting in line on a narrow dirt road to get parked, could easily create a very unsafe condition for all. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience.

The Carriage House address is, 5280 S 500 W Topeka, IN 46571. GPS may take you a different way, it is recommended that you follow the Rally Book map (blue line).
The dinner will begin to be served at 5 PM. By following these instructions, you will arrive on time.

While we are at their farm, we are all guests, and we must respect the beliefs of the Amish people. Under No circumstances should Pictures be taken of the Amish people (with camera or phone). Your phone may disappear.

Below is the most up to date list of Attendees that I have at this time.

Alder, Dennis
Ames, Ronald
Amos, Terry
Anderson, George
Andrews, Clifford
Arbutis, Diane
Arellano, Bernard
Arkison, Owen
Baker, Jason
Barfoot, Denise
Bauknecht, Jeffrey (single)
Bierworth, Astrid
Bischoff, Steve
Black, Mike
Boland, Jim
Bradley, Melody
Bridges, Jon
Bulluss, Donald
Busico, Roger
Canada, Lee
Cass, Chris
Cassidy, Becky
Chambers, Twila
Chapin, Ronald
Cook, Alan
Cuddeback, Ken
Davies, Samuel
Dinwiddie, Jim
Doege, James
Dube, Marilyn
ELLIS, RICHARD
Finnerty, Kevin
Finnerty, Sarah
Foote, Gary
Foster, Buster
Fryer, Jeff
Gaudy, Mark
Gay, Vernon
Gerber, Donald
Guagliardo, Bonnie
Harmon, Al
HEFLIN, WAYNE
Henningsen, Gary
Hess, Steve
Hill, Robert
Hinkle, Larry
Holbrook, Paul
Hollars, Joe
Hoog, Ed
Hoover, Dixie
Hortie, Ronald
Hoving, Ronald
Johnson, Holly
Jones, Preston
Kelpe, Paul
Kerznar, Terrie
Kleinjan, Lee
Klueter, Russ
Koenig, Klaus
Kolling, Randall
Kroske, Sheri
Kukulski, Frank & Sharon
Lichtenberg, Ron
Linebaugh, Nanci
Lohmann, David
Mast, William
Mattern, Jim
McChesney, Clark
Mcglone, Gary
McMahon, John
McTarsney, Frank
Mertes, Douglas
Miller, Robert
Morris, Rick
Mulcahy, Dianne
Nelson, Judith
Osborn, Judy
Ottinger, Anna
Parker, Judy
Parks, Monty
Parot, Fred
Pavka, Chris
Peach, John
Person, George
POHILL, KEN
Powell, David
Ratlief, Dennis
reid, kent
Rhoads, James
Rowe, Tamra
Ruehle, Donald
Saladino, Joe
santoli, christine
Santore, Jim
Schlee, Jim
Shetler, Dave
SIMPSON, LES
Skinner, Leslie
Slater, HP
Smith, Jane
Snyder, Jack
Steller, Kurt
Stevens, Cindy
Stone, Carol
Straub, Terri
Strom, Glenn
Szafrajda, Christopher
Taylor, David
TEED, MICHAEL
Terry, Jan
Thompson, Bill
Thomsen, Kurt
Trapp, Leon
Trusk, Laura
Utz, Mark
VanEmburg, Sue
Veach, Clinton
Venters, Bobby
Voorhees, Terry
Vroegindewey, Jill
Wainscott, Joseph
Watts, Tom
Wendland, Michael
Wilkins, Dean
Yates, Kenny
Yates, Trudy
Old 08-15-2023, 09:46 AM   #16
smkn454 Mike
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23725
We signed up at registration, but with the date change we be unable to attend. Can I cancel it here so someone may attend.
Thanks, Mike &Vicki Black
smkn454 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:00 PM   #17
Thenningsen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28077
Mike,
I sent you an email.
Thanks,
Teri
Old 08-30-2023, 06:49 AM   #18
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
reminder for Amish dinner attendees.

It is important for all who have tickets for the Amish dinner to read the instructions and rules below. These instructions apply to both dinners, Wednesday, Sept 13 and Thursday, Sept . 14. You will get your ticket when you pay for your meal/meals when you pick up your packet. $25 each , cash only. Exact amount would be appreciated.

We have 2 different color Amish Dinner tickets, BLUE for Wednesday's meal and YELLOW for Thursday's meal. We will not accept tickets that are not color specific for the day that you arrive. If you would like to attend a different night, it is up to the individual to try to find someone willing to swap tickets with you. The best chances of being seated together is to arrive at the farm together, Truck-Pool. We will not allow holding of seats for your friends; all seats are filled in as you arrive. If you arrive at the farm with the incorrect color ticket, we cannot seat you.

We would appreciate that you all try to Truck-Pool (4 people) with a friend or neighbor to the Amish Dinner, so we can reduce the number of parking spaces needed and get everyone parked as quickly as possible. There is limited parking available at the farm which is why we have volunteers assigned to direct you to your parking space. This is a working farm, if you don’t follow the “parkers” instructions you could easily get stuck and cause damage to the farm’s operations!

For handicap parking, notify a volunteer upon arrival at the farm. For those of you who are handicapped the "parkers" will give you directions so you can drop off the individual and the people that are doing the parking will be happy to park your vehicle if the distance between the parking area and house are too far to easily walk. Free Valet Parking.

We ask that everyone arrive at the ECCC building front parking lot by than 3:45 PM and no later than 4:20 PM. There will be volunteers there to greet you and verify that everyone in each truck has the correct color ticket for each day’s dinner. These volunteers will also control the dispatch, releasing a specific number of trucks at 10–15-minute intervals. It is very important that everyone follow the instructions from these volunteers. Please don't go out early. Remember that you will be entering an area with very heavy Amish activity with horse and buggies, and with 20-25 pickup trucks waiting in line on a narrow dirt road to get parked, could easily create a very unsafe condition for all. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience.

The Carriage House address is, 5280 S 500 W Topeka, IN 46571. GPS may take you a different way, it is recommended that you follow the Rally Book map (blue line).
The dinner will begin to be served at 5 PM. By following these instructions, you will arrive on time.

While we are at their farm, we are all guests, and we must respect the beliefs of the Amish people. Under No circumstances should Pictures be taken of the Amish people (with camera or phone). Your phone may disappear.

Below is the most up to date list of Attendees that I have at this time.

Alder, Dennis
Ames, Ronald
Amos, Terry
Anderson, George
Andrews, Clifford
Arbutis, Diane
Arellano, Bernard
Arkison, Owen
Baker, Jason - 1 Guest)
Barfoot, Denise
Bauknecht, Jeffrey (single)
Beswetherick, Marsha
Bierworth, Astrid
Bischoff, Steve
Boland, Jim
Bradley, Melody
Bridges, Jon
Busico, Roger
Canada, Lee
Cass, Chris
Cassidy, Becky
Chambers, Twila
Chapin, Ronald
Cook, Alan
Cox, Tom
Cuddeback, Ken
Davies, Samuel
Dinwiddie, Jim
Doege, James
Dube, Marilyn -(Richard only)
Ellis, Richard
Finnerty, Kevin
Finnerty, Sarah - (1 guest)
Foote, Gary
Foster, Buster
Fryer, Jeff
Gaudy, Mark
Gay, Vernon
Guagliardo, Bonnie
Harmon, Al
Hefflin, Wayne
Henningsen, Gary
Hess, Steve
Hill, Robert
Hinkle, Larry
Holbrook, Paul
Hollars, Joe
Hoog, Ed
Hoover, Dixie
Hortie, Ronald
Hoving, Ronald
Howerter, Bruce
Ingram, John
Jones, Preston
Kelpe, Paul
Kerznar, Terrie
Kleinjan, Lee
Klueter, Russ
Koenig, Klaus
Kolling, Randall
Kroske, Sheri
Kukulski, Frank & Sharon
Lichtenberg, Ron
Linebaugh, Nanci
Lohmann, David
Martin, Patricia
Mattern, Jim
McChesney, Clark
Mcglone, Gary
McMahon, John
McTarsney, Frank
Mertes, Douglas
Miller, Robert
Morris, Rick
Mulcahy, Dianne
Mundt, Susan
Nelson, Judith
Nolte, William
Osborn, Judy
Ottinger, Anna
Parker, Judy
Parks, Monty
Parot, Fred
Pavka, Chris
Peach, John
Person, George
Pohill, Ken
Powell, David
Ratlief, Dennis
reid, kent
Rhoads, James
Rowe, Tamra
Ruehle, Donald
Saladino, Joe
santoli, christine
Santore, Jim
Schlee, Jim
Shetler, Dave
SIMPSON, LES
Slater, HP
Smith, Jane
Snyder, Jack
Steller, Kurt
Stevens, Cindy
Stone, Carol
Straub, Terri
Strom, Glenn
Szafrajda, Christopher
Taylor, David
Teed, Michael
Terry, Jan
Thompson, Bill
Thompson, Patrick
Thomsen, Kurt
Trapp, Leon
Trusk, Laura
Utz, Mark
VanEmburg, Sue
Veach, Clinton
Venters, Bobby
Voorhees, Terry
Vroegindewey, Jill
Wainscott, Joseph
Watts, Tom
Wendland, Michael
Wilkins, Dean
Yates, Kenny
Yates, Trudy - (1 Guest)

Paul and Jan Kelpe coordinators.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:45 AM   #19
cici
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #31797
I only see my name on this list my husband is not on it. and we will be attending together.
Can this be corrected
Christine Santoli
Joe Santoli! TIA!!
cici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:53 AM   #20
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici View Post
I only see my name on this list my husband is not on it. and we will be attending together.
Can this be corrected
Christine Santoli
Joe Santoli! TIA!!
S/o names are not listed. When you signed up you indicated someone was attending with you but names don't appear. There are only 5 single people attending the rest are couples