Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
washer dryer replacement?

We have a stackable Whirlpool washer/dryer in our 3402RL. It's 5+ years and the washer has been popping error codes related to the drain pump. But it has other intermittent problem that are hard to track down. I don't want to spend more money on something that just needs to be replaced.

So here's my situation. I'm on the road for the next ?? months and I want to get the Whirlpool replaced with a Splendide ARWXF129W washer, but I'd like to keep my dryer. Since all stackable systems have a bracket to attach the dryer on top of the wash, I'm thinking I could remove the bracket from the WP washer and attach it to the Spendide since they have a very similar bracket for their dryer.

Anybody done something like that?

Also I'm looking for a place to do the work. Obviously, CW can do it but I don't know if I trust them. Also I'd like to not go too far out of the way to get this done. I'm in Vicksburg, MS now and heading to Hot Springs, AR next. After that we are going west. Maybe Oklahoma City or down into Texas.

The lowest prices I've seen are at a place called PPL Motorhomes in Dallas or Houston. But the diesel fuel spent to get there will eat up the savings.

Thoughts on how you would approach the problem? Keep in mind I can't pull these things out myself, too heavy.

jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:56 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Deinstall/reinstall is pretty basic, except for the manhandling. If you are going to be in one place for a couple of weeks or so, maybe a couple of work campers would help with the moving part, some side money is always nice. This winter I had a splendide delivered to my site (combo) and the two truck drivers placed it inside for a $20 bill. Wife and I were able to slide into the cabinet position without the help of several folks who offered to help. Otherwise, guess the only other option is paying someone, rv tech, etc. No real install effort, Wouldn't think more than a hour or two for labor cost, and service call charge if appropriate.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
Arkware
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17723
Jim,
we're not far from Hot Springs, (about 1 1/2 hour west) and have some pretty nice stopping spots near-by if you don't like my driveway.
I would be happy to help and bet we could scare up a guy or 2 to help with heavy lifting for maybe a beer and burger.
Could get them to ship here if you want, too.

Just thinkin...
2015 F350 XLT Crew Dually 20K B&W Companion
Arkware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Thanks for the suggestions, we may have to run by Goshen, IN soon to pick up furniture and will be at the source of all things RV. Tiara RV will sell the washer and dryer installed for $1800. Basically the same as CW.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #5
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I have the same model as you.Your washer and dryer is not hard to remove. You can take the trim off the right side of the door and remove the door and then see-saw the washer and dryer out together then separate. It is a tight fit but everything in rv's seem to be tight fit. Be sure to replace the washer hoses when replacing as you don't won't to remove appliances again. It's not that these units are heavy but they are bulky. If you and the wife are both healthy then you can easily lift the washer and dryer.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote