Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2015, 06:13 AM   #1
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
3791RD Furniture and Refridgerator Questions

We are first time RV'ers and just purchased the 3791RD. So far loving it but I have a few questions our manual doesn't cover. The recliners in the living room have remotes. I have plugged them in, checked the outlet for power, and nothing happens. I am not even sure what they are supposed to do. Our dealer couldn't even answer the question. We also have the new Samsung residential fridge, and the icemaker isn't working. I have tried everything the owners manual says to do, am I missing a step somewhere? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Susan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Remotes are for seat heating on the chairs. You may have to make sure everything is connected for them to work. Folks that have this can enlighten you on what you need to do as your dealer doesn't have a clue. Fridge- keystone doesn't hook up water line, dealer didn't do it as part of their prep of the unit. Since the water line runs outside of the heated environment, this is a warm weather feature only. Make sure water line is connected on back of fridge, then make sure water is connected under sink (?), make sure any ice-maker switches inside fridge are turned on, then turn on water on the valve where it is hooked to water supply, check for leaks, and it should start to work. If this model of samsung has the water filter inside the fridge as most do, it will take some time to purge air out of the system and get water to the ice-maker. If this unit has a water dispenser, the you can use this to get the air out. Hope this helps. John
Old 08-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #3
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
Thanks for the information. It makes sense that the water line isn't hooked up. Lord knows we have tried everything else. Greatly appreciate the information.
Susan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
chris199
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17167
Pete's RV in VT was nice enough to hookup the ice maker. Love it!

Odd thing on heated theater seating. No outlet nearby. Dont plan to use really.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
tomNtrisha
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14022
The plug-in is on the wall next to the recliner Tom
tomNtrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #6
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
your fridge is located in a slide out like mine. The water line for the ice maker is not installed as it would have to be run outside the trailer and up into the slideout exposing it to the elements and that would take away from the 0 degree temp rating that comes with the trailer, and one more thing to winterize if you live in the north like I do. If you want it can be hooked up. If you elect not to hook it up make sure you turn off the ice maker at the top of the fridge. little blue light says ice off, if not you will hear buzzing noise every couple of min. drove me crazy till I figured it out with a google search. it is the solenoid opening to allow water in to make more Ice, but with no water hooked up all you get is a buzzing like an alarm clock.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote