Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
rtrench

M.O.C. #13951
tv problems

When we have to use the antenna and no cable is available, the bedroom TV has to be reprogramed every time we turn it on. Also when we use our ceiling lights or open the door both TV's shut off. I have a 2014 3582RL and they think I am nuts. I think something is not wired correctly. Can anyone help. RJT

rtrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
It appears that the LED lights interfere with the antenna reception, ours does the same. Our techs don't have the answer, yet. When I learn , I will post.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Same issue when using a hair dryer, the furnace comes on, or using fireplace. No LED's here though.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
None of that has occurred with us..We have LED lights , We have a hair dryer.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I haven't had that problem. You might want to try running a ground wire from antenna shield to chassis ground. My antenna amplifier is next to 12 volt plug, ground wad real close
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Rich what do you need a hair dryer for? Sorry couldn't resist!

Larry, if Keystone is not using the same brand of LEDs that Michael and Kat sell, they are cheaper and not as good quality and will cause problems!

We had some problems with our main TV but had static coming across the TV when we'd turn on the bathroom fan or the bedroom lights. We found it was bad connectors on the coax ends. Replaced the coax connectors and problem went away. We replaced our regular bulbs with LEDs throughout the unit and have no problem from them. There are several postings in the archives about this very subject also. I'd replace the connectors if possible and I'll bet that takes care of most of the problems. Why you have to reprogram the bedroom TV each time you turn it on is beyond me. But since you have a NEW unit I'd be taking it back to your dealer until you are satisfied it would all fall under warranty work!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The fact you must reprogram the TV is not unusual. I have several TVs like that. If they lose power (like in a trailer that has 110v 100% of the time), then they must be reprogrammed. The settings are only maintained when 110v is connected and available (not to be confused with powering the TV on or off). The rest of the post, I can't help with. I have an old trailer that has Glass tube analog TVs so an OTA antenna would mean I also need an Digital to Analog converter box, but this doesn't sound like your issue.

I hope you post how you get your issues resolved. It sounds like you have wiring problems.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote