Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Pocket door problem

Our slidding door between the bed room and kitchen is off the track on the back end of the door. (in the hole) Any suggestions as to how I go about getting it back on the track. Pushing, lifting, cussing dosen't seem to work.

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You might try taking the front roller off the track, then put the back roller on, roll it back into the slot and then put the front roller back on track. I have not done this, so I am just guessing.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Are the rollers actually off the track, or did just come unhooked? Our front roller came unhooked from the door. I was able to get it back on with a great deal of effort. It just is not easy to get your fingers in to manipulate the parts. Stiles suggestion of unhooking the front roller might help you get at the back one, but then you have two rollers get back in place. I hate to say it, but this might be one job that would be better left to a GOOD service shop. I obviously don't know how yours is arranged, but on ours I think you might have to remove some trim to get at the back roller mechanism. Good luck with it, I know it is really difficult thing to correct.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:32 AM   #4
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
Are you sure the door is off th track?? Reason asking, we had the same problem with ours. Come to find out that the screws that hold the track came out. The way I fixed ours was to cut a hole in the wall in the cabinet to get to the track. Had a piece of paneling to match to cover the hole in the cabinet.Close the door and you should be able to see if the roller is on the track.
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Had the door come off in the 3400RL on it's maiden voyage. Took it in under warranty. The screw/bolt holding the roller on the upper track had come loose. The technician had to pull the top door molding off to get to the bolt. I'm glad I did not do it myself, but that's what is nice about warranty.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Thanks for the suggestions. I will take off the trim on both sides of the door and maybe I will be able to see or even reach the problem. The track appears to be ok from what I can see with a flashlight.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:23 AM   #7
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We had that happen to ours. The rollers and the door were fine. It was the screws that held the track up in the back that came out. The dealer said that this was a common problem-even in different brands of RVs He cut a hole in the cabinet in the living room that was along the wall of the pocket door. He then reset the screws. To make sure that they don't come out again tec than cut a 2x4 a hair longer that the distance from the floor to the end of the track. He than wedged that in tight. After he seal up the hole with matching paneling you can't even tell he had cut a hole there. Did a great job and it fixed for good!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Well the door is fixed. The rollers are not like a closet slider. They each have four wheels and ride on both sides of the track so they only go in from the end. The trim on the bedroom side has two wood screws and comes right off. I found the back set of rollers was out on the back only. I pried on the springs and took the door out and was then able to take the rollers out and get them in the track. The track was held in place with only three small screws one on each end and one in the center. The track was loose in the back and center so I tightened them. Then I jammed my arm into the opening and put in four more screws. If this dosen't last I will try the 2x4 method. Putting the door back on the hangers wasn't much fun but with a little talking and brute force they hooked up. I found that I could so some adjusting on the roller screws and the door now fits better that it ever did before. The trim was reinstalled and the project was finished. I didn't have to cut any holes. Thanks for the information and I hope that all your doors stay on.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Thanks for the follow up - it is always good to hear how things turned out and how they were accomplished. Great job!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 AM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'll bet, as you said, talking to the door really helped. Now, did you talk to it nicely?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Waynem, the door was oblivious to my threats and cussing but I probably felt a little better.