Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Screened escape window info:

I got a P.M. on this question, thought I would re-post for the newer members.
On my 3400RL, the escape window in the desk and bedroom had no screens, thus, no ventilation, so I changed out the windows to ones that have a sliding window and screen installed.
I am including a notation about removing the window for ventilation, I'll come back and link a slide show, showing how we did it.
Escape, dual pane, screened 36x22" part number is F-860-17653
Bedroom and office slide window, 3400 RL model.
Kinro is the company, the window is (WAS) around $230 or so, freight, packing and all. ($168.00, plus $20.00 for packing, plus shipping costs.)
Dawn is the contact, 574-848-9100
Tell her Jim Osbern sent you.
(This is an old post, just to tell about the screen)
I have ordered my escape window from the supplier, but meanwhile we need the ventilation, as the evenings here are in the high 60's, days in the 80's.
To remove the window glass, take out the two small phillips head screws-stubby screw driver please..., then slide the window towards the rear of the Monte, it comes off fairly easy. I would suggest some silicone spray on the top rail.
Sue made a screen out of a dollars worth of screen-like fabric from Wal*Mart, we used Gorilla Tape, (Get a roll, it's awesome) to secure it. I'm not worried about the rain, it's under the awning.
http://tiny.cc/yuYy1
Edited for corrections. thanks to Dave .

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
nickandmarilyn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5229
As an alternative, I bought some screen material and used velcro around the inside frame. So now I just pick up the screen at the bottom velcor strips and hold the window open with a stick and then put the screen back on the velcro. Seems to work.
nickandmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ozz, I just tried that # and got the old "your call cannot be completed as dialed" recording. Could please check the # again? We really want to get that BDRM window, our Big Sky did come with the screened escape desk window.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ozz, I got an update on that # for Kinro, 574-848-9100 you had 584 for area code. the cost of the double insulated slider for the bdrm is 168.00 plus 20.00 for packing fee and then whatever shipping is. But since we are going to be there for the rally Dawn said to call two weeks before we arrive and we can pick it up at the plant.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, Dave
One of my 5 thumbs must have hit the wrong button...
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote