Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #21
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Bill,
I hope it works out for you and tell Ann I Love Her TOO!!!!!

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #22
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
I read somewhere that a good way to clean out a black tank was to put a couple bags of ice down the toilet and then go for a drive and drain. Solves some problems don't know about this one.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #23
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Carlson is right on about the rid-X, I have used rid-x for the last 12 yrs in my rv's black tank, not the "other stuff", I found out about some other rv'ers yrs ago using rid-x, only takes a palm full each time you empty and wash the tank..And lots cheaper then the other RV commercial junk.
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rid X is designed for home septic tanks. It is not recommended for Rv use because it has not been tested in Rv's but Rv'ers have been using it for years, myself included.It is comprised of Natural bacteria and Enzymes which is exactly what should be used to break down and digest waste. There are faster acting products designed for Rv use that work well and are ,of course, more expensive. We use rid X when the camper is not being used and the Rid x can work for a few days in the tanks (all of them) Our galley and gray tanks are under going the Rid x treatment as we speak.Steve's High pressure solution sounds like what you need to do..then use rid x on a regular basis. and flush...flush..flush. When on site for a long time we flush most every day.Just takes a few minuets.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #25
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Well, the root feeder won't work on a 3670RL. The 4" inlet pipe is on an angle and is too long for the root feeder to reach into the tank. I have stuffed a hose down the toilet and worked it all around. I have put lots of chemical into the toilet to disolve whatever and the valve is working ok. I am beginning to think the tank may be empty because all I am getting out is the chemicals I have put into it. I really don't believe it though. I have to take the tank to the dealer on June 10 to get a new one and I would hate to have "something" in the tank when they take it out. Keep you posted on the "outcome".
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #26
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Bill: Are you ready for this, open the toilet and drop a ice cube or two down it and listen for the sound. Does it hit the tank bottom or water.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #27
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Duhh!!!! Good idea.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #28
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
One thing you might try if you haven't already is to use several pieces of ice. I would recommend maybe a full bag of ice cubes. If you have a way to see what is coming out of the tank with out dumping on the ground you might try this. With several cubes of ice, add water then pull open the valve. If there isn't any blockage you should see several pieces of ice coming out. Also keep in mind that if your unit is made like mine, there is a small ledge about an inch high right at the drain area leaving the tank that everything has to overcome in order to come out. Some ice or small debris may stay in your tank just a bit even if it’s clear.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #29
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
The ice "plunked" so I guess I am still plugged. Guess I will go see if I can get some fast acting digester. The appointment with the dealer to see about the leak in the tank is on the 10th so I have to do something. Gosh, I hope I don't have to go up the outlet.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #30
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Find a open field of someone you know and open the valve and stick a water hose up it. Messy but it may work.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #31
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, did you try using the root feeder anyhow? It might shoot enough pressure down the pipe to break things up. Use lots of towels around it, though!

As for the rid-x, we've run across a number of rv parks that say in their rules to NOT use anything with enzymes or bacteria as it damages their system. I know nothing about it, only about reading that in the rules in some parks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote